PDA

View Full Version : Screen so dark

Sara
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
I have an Olympus Digital 600, and the screen is so dark, itīs so difficult to identify any imagen and instructions, ŋCan I fix this problem or I must take my camera to the technical?
Thanks for any help, I am so worry, becouse itīs no easy to get technicals for this camera in my city.

raven15
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't have that camera and I don't think too many people around here do, but I found this on the internet about the LCD screen:

There is no viewfinder but an extra large 2.5 in. LCD monitor with a standard 115,000 pixels resolution. We'd prefer more resolution on the LCD monitor. The refresh rate is adequate but not as fast and smooth as we'd like. You can manually adjust the LCD monitor's brightness in SETUP to display a brighter image.

The LCD monitor also gains up in low-light to display a brighter image to allow you to compose. This is by far the very best "gain-up" implementation we have seen in any digital camera that also has this feature. Kudos to Olympus engineers.

So I assume you can brighten the screen somewhere in the setup menu. If you have the camera's manual it will probably say more, you may be able to find it online.

Sara
02-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't have that camera and I don't think too many people around here do, but I found this on the internet about the LCD screen:

So I assume you can brighten the screen somewhere in the setup menu. If you have the camera's manual it will probably say more, you may be able to find it online.

Thanks so much, I will try

Ken.
02-16-2009, 06:52 AM
It could be the backlight for the screen is no longer working. If the camera is out of warranty it would be a pricey repair. The last 600 designation appears to be the Stylus 600 released in 2005 so it might be time to move on.