PDA

View Full Version : sony-DSC P52 Shutter problem

sonydg
01-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi,

There is a problem in my digital camera (sony-DSC P52). Actually it works like if you power it on then the shutter will open automatically and if you switch it off the shutter will close automatically. But now for some reason shutter is not closing automatically with the power off. And I can't use my camera as whenever I am switching on the camera, it shows the message "plz off and then on your camera". I think it's to synchronise power on/off with shutter open/close as the shutter is not closing when I power it off.

Please let me know what I can do to solve it.

Thanks in Advance-

jet
01-28-2005, 03:57 AM
A gear is stuck
please hit it with your hand (with a def hit) i mean
the hit is not to damage the camera
is to move the stucked gear in position again.
that would be a solution,it happened to me
and a friend's dsc-p92 and he hit a punch
and it was solved ...tell us if it worked

securehack
04-20-2005, 06:33 PM
having the same problem with a dsc-p52. shaking and punching doesnt help. opened it up. cant access lense from inside. about to open from outside. will post. :)

wayne99
06-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Man I also have the same problem. If I hit this thing any harder I am going to have no more camera or knuckles.

Whats the deal here. Can anyone help us ??

TD3
06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Had to take the time to register just to post this -

My little DSC-P8 has had a problem with the shutters opening and closing correctly since I bought it. Now they will not open at all. Ritz Camera said 239 bucks to send it back to Sony. An expense that was unanticipated and NOT going to happen. Pain in the neck, right?

I took your suggestion and whacked it.
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Next time I am going to use the baby sledge - more has got to be better, right? ;)

Can't wait to call my wife and tell her how useful my wasting time on the Internet can really be.
:D :D :D

(Sorry for the overuse of the smilies - but really - you guys saved me a lot of money).

shutterbug6
06-25-2005, 11:58 AM
My camera has the exact same problem. I tried to give it a few hits around the protruding lense on the outside, and the gears do sounds a little different when I turn it on and off, but the shutter is still stuck open! Could someone please let me know where I should hit the camera and about how hard? :o

Thanks for your help!!

needhelp
06-28-2005, 12:01 AM
I did what all u guys wrote, but the shutter wont open or close. I havent try unscrewing it, afraid i might damage it...
Any more suggestion?? or how hard or where should i hit it?? thx

Aashish
07-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Hi

I also have similar problem with my dsc-p92. when i power it on, the shutter opens and closes continuously. It happens several times and then a message appears on the LCD " Please switch off and then on your camera". but it doesn't solve the problem.

Can anyone help me about this ?

alfatv
07-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi

I also have similar problem with my dsc-p92. when i power it on, the shutter opens and closes continuously. It happens several times and then a message appears on the LCD " Please switch off and then on your camera". but it doesn't solve the problem.

Can anyone help me about this ?

That doesn't sound like shutter, it's probably lens cover. If lens is moving back and forth, it's probably because something is stuck in there.
Check here, if you need help with camera repair:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7531713120&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Aashish
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
That doesn't sound like shutter, it's probably lens cover. If lens is moving back and forth, it's probably because something is stuck in there.
Check here, if you need help with camera repair:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7531713120&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks for the response.
You are right. The problem is with the lens and not the shutter.
I tried to give it a hit around the lens and now sometimes it works fine and sometimes gives the same problem. :(

kiler40
08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
my DSC-P52 sony camera's shutter stays closed no matter what we do...i tried hitting it, turning on and off, nothing will work. When i turn it on, it tells me to turn it off then on again. Can anybody help me???I would really appreciate it..

sawlenas
10-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Hello,

if anyone needs two specific gears for the Sony DSC-P92/72 i am selling those on ebay. i have fixed couple cameras, which had the same problem - these two gears.
so if you are looking for the gears, please go to ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D7557952981%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMESE%3AIT%26

or just www.ebay.com and search "gears sony"

or you can contact me if you want to buy them directly.

cia.saulius@gmail.com
Thank you

pilch
01-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I have a sony P93A. The lens was stuck but I repaired it. The hard part was (once the lens was out) was to unstick the lens. What is happening in most cases is the pin or pins ride in grooves (for the camera to zoom and focus). These grooves are not deep enough or smooth enough so the pins come out of the grooves and get stuck. Yes, if you hit it just right you can get the pin back in but as seen in mine there is damage. I put apoxy in to fill in the low spots were the pins came out. There are no hidden screws just be careful when you pull the lens away from the CCD. You must take the orange tape off the sensor and there is a ribbon cable with orange tape over it. make sure it is loose because when you pull the lens away from the CCD the ribbon cable has to have enough slack or it will break. once the lens is out there is three pieces that just fit into each other once you line up the holes. I had one pin that came out so I apoxied it back into place. After putting it back together just move the white gear and things will move smoothly again. I need a ribbon cable for the shutter but I powered it on and the lens worked perfectly. I figured what the hell it's broken anyway.

tinycitylights
01-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I have a sony P93A. The lens was stuck but I repaired it. The hard part was (once the lens was out) was to unstick the lens. What is happening in most cases is the pin or pins ride in grooves (for the camera to zoom and focus). These grooves are not deep enough or smooth enough so the pins come out of the grooves and get stuck. Yes, if you hit it just right you can get the pin back in but as seen in mine there is damage. I put apoxy in to fill in the low spots were the pins came out. There are no hidden screws just be careful when you pull the lens away from the CCD. You must take the orange tape off the sensor and there is a ribbon cable with orange tape over it. make sure it is loose because when you pull the lens away from the CCD the ribbon cable has to have enough slack or it will break. once the lens is out there is three pieces that just fit into each other once you line up the holes. I had one pin that came out so I apoxied it back into place. After putting it back together just move the white gear and things will move smoothly again. I need a ribbon cable for the shutter but I powered it on and the lens worked perfectly. I figured what the hell it's broken anyway.

I just might be crazy enough to try this. I hope to God you're right. I really can't afford to buy a new camera.