PDA

View Full Version : Weather ... or not?

DonSchap
12-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I have to tell you ... it is more than a little weird, here, in the Chicago-area, to go from one-foot of snow to, for all intents and purposes, nada! :eek:

Looking outside is just ... well, like nothing I have ever experienced in the history of living here. This kind of melt off is just hard to believe. Usually takes a week, not one day!

I'm going for pictures! ;)

sparkie1263
12-28-2008, 12:44 PM
It is 69 degrees here in New Jersey. Last week it was in the teens. Go figure!! But I am not complaining.
Frank

Honest Gaza
12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
It is 69 degrees here in New Jersey. Last week it was in the teens. Go figure!! But I am not complaining.
Frank

You guys that won't get with the program.....forget Farenheit....move with the times...it's Celcius now.

It must really annoy the crap out of you that all camera lenses are referred to in "mm" for their focal length :p :D

(and by the way....while we're at it, learn to drive on the left)

Honest Gaza
12-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I have to tell you ... it is more than a little weird, here, in the Chicago-area, to go from one-foot of snow to, for all intents and purposes, nada! :eek:

Looking outside is just ... well, like nothing I have ever experienced in the history of living here. This kind of melt off is just hard to believe. Usually takes a week, not one day!

I'm going for pictures! ;)

I hear you Don....Christmas here in Australia should be hot but Chrissy day was a bit on the cool side. My trees in the front yard don't know what season it is.

SONYNUT
12-28-2008, 03:11 PM
about time we got some relief here...had 15" before winter even started

sparkie1263
12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Honest, you have a room for me down under with you. I can learn the metric system fast and drive on the left side of the road. LOL I am packing my bags as we speak( type )
Frank

DonSchap
12-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Well ... the snow is history for the moment ... this is just amazing. :eek: The backyard flooding, from the night before,

has soaked right in, also. That could have been a mess, had it frozen over.

sparkie1263
12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Don, it looks like you need to cut the grass,LOL
Frank

DonSchap
12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah ... if it wasn't for the bare trees, you'd think I was living south of the Mason-Dixon. It freezes over tomorrow!

sparkie1263
12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
They are calling for 48 tomorrow. I am still not complaining. I will take the high 40's (that's Fahrenheit )till March.LOL
Frank

seanhoxx
12-28-2008, 08:18 PM
LOl strange days indeed, spent Saturday night sitting on the back deck in a sweatshirt drinking Samuel Smith's winter welcomes, cool and breezy, down to the mid 30's here Sunday night, or just a bit above 0' C. The driving on the left isn't that hard to adjust to, it's sitting on the right side of the car that is tough, I kept opening the drivers door when I needed to shift!

Honest Gaza
12-29-2008, 03:50 AM
...The driving on the left isn't that hard to adjust to, it's sitting on the right side of the car that is tough, I kept opening the drivers door when I needed to shift!

We'll let you have one of our foreign imported cars where the indicator is on the wrong side of the steering wheel then.

No good to me....keep turning the wipers on every time I turn a corner or change lanes :p