PDA

View Full Version : New to photography need help

mino00
01-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Hello all.
I ' m a beginner/amateur photographer want to take better picture .
There is any book , video or short course online out there would you recomended ? :)
Thanks.

Samuel Lo
01-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Hello all.
There is any book , video or short course online out there would you recomended ? :)
Thanks.

These books are not for digital photography, but it have the same concept and theory, especially exposure and capture of light:
1 The New 35mm Handbook by Michael Freeman
2 Creative Photography by John Hedgecoe

Have Fun.

Samuel

PeteD
01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
3 digital photographer's HANDBOOK, by Tom Ang

Fantastic book. But if you have a digicam, get out there and shoot and "waste" a lot of shots, they cost you nothing, and being familiar with your camera and developing your own way of seeing is also important.

Rex914
02-01-2005, 12:12 AM
As the person above says, there's no substitute for actual experience. Take lots and lots of pictures. There's no better way of improving your technique and testing your creativity than actually practicing the art.

John_Reed
02-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Hello all.
Thanks.Click here (http://www.shortcourses.com/) to check out the excellent courses offered by Dennis Curtin.

mino00
02-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I just ordered a CD and book from Dennis Curtin hope this help anyway thanks :)

gary_hendricks
02-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Hello

I'd certainly recommend 3 digital photographer's HANDBOOK, by Tom Ang.
Check it out.

Rhys
02-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Hello all.
Thanks.

I'd recommend joining a camera club. You'll have to learn to distinguish the bad advice from the good but that should get you started. The other way is to simply start taking photos. Take pictures that please you. Once you can take photos that please yuo, you can look at other people's photos and see what pleases you about them and emulate what they do. Look at Ansel Adams photos as an example.

gary_hendricks
02-09-2005, 11:43 AM
I'd recommend joining a camera club. You'll have to learn to distinguish the bad advice from the good but that should get you started. The other way is to simply start taking photos. Take pictures that please you. Once you can take photos that please yuo, you can look at other people's photos and see what pleases you about them and emulate what they do. Look at Ansel Adams photos as an example.

Camera clubs are great. I'm here in sunny Singapore and you won't believe the number of digital photography enthusiasts here. I joined a small local club where we get together every 2 weeks to discuss photography tips and techniques. We also look at each other's gear and spend time analyzing why this photo is good or bad. As Rhys said, it's a great way to learn.