PDA

View Full Version : Digital Rebel and the Wasia firmware hack

ReF
01-23-2005, 03:42 AM
just wondering if anyone can comfirm whether or not the installing the Wasia version of the firmware would void the manufacturer's warranty, or if loading the original version f the firmware would get rid of any evidence of the Wasia version on the camera. I'm eager to use the Mirror lock up function that the Wasia firmware enables, but i really don't want to be screwed if the camera breaks down and the manufacturer refused to fix it. thanks for any responses.

just in case you didn't know, the Wasia firmware hack enables many of the features found on the 10D that are also on the Rebel, but were disabled.

LoveOfSelene
01-24-2005, 01:54 PM
just wondering if anyone can comfirm whether or not the installing the Wasia version of the firmware would void the manufacturer's warranty, or if loading the original version f the firmware would get rid of any evidence of the Wasia version on the camera. I'm eager to use the Mirror lock up function that the Wasia firmware enables, but i really don't want to be screwed if the camera breaks down and the manufacturer refused to fix it. thanks for any responses.

just in case you didn't know, the Wasia firmware hack enables many of the features found on the 10D that are also on the Rebel, but were disabled.

What Canon doesn't know won't hurt. That is if you can get your old firmware on if in case of something fails. And no, the camera doesn't log what you updated it with.
;)

ReF
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
What Canon doesn't know won't hurt. That is if you can get your old firmware on if in case of something fails. And no, the camera doesn't log what you updated it with.
;)

great, thanks! i really would've expected more replies since there are so many rebel users out there.