PDA

View Full Version : Suggest me a good book on DSLR photography

bhanja_Trinanjan
12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi,
Name me a good, easy to read book that discusses Digital SLR photography in depth. Something that imparts lessons on basic and intermediate photographic techniques to a budding newbie… I have a EOS 350D (Rebel XT) with a couple of IS lenses.

Beowulff
12-06-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm not a great believer in spending big bucks on books that I might read a couple of times and then which quickly gather dust on my bookshelf. I'm a piker, so I always turn to the net for free info LOL.

You might like to check out this site which covers most stuff about digital photography, dSLR reviews, lots of tutorials, and a whole lot of other bits 'n' pieces along the way:

Click HERE (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/)

Hope this helps. :)

bhanja_Trinanjan
12-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I would still like to have a book that I can read anywhere, on the move... (in situations I can't use a laptop)

How's this book?

http://www.mhprofessional.com/product.php?cat=112&isbn=0071502319&cat=112

Perfect Digital Photography by Jay Dickman, Jay Kinghorn

hnine1
12-24-2008, 02:50 AM
After purchasing my Canon, I found that there were 3 books dedicated to its features and photography in general. I bought one and haven't regretted it since (a week ago). I'm very new to photography so learning the basics from this book was nice.

europa
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
After purchasing my Canon, I found that there were 3 books dedicated to its features and photography in general. I bought one and haven't regretted it since (a week ago). I'm very new to photography so learning the basics from this book was nice.

Actually, I did similar thing. I wanted to get Bryan Peterson's book "Understanding Exposure" but the local bookshop didn't have it and instead they had 'Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D by Christopher Grey'. Wanting to know my new toy, I purchased that book.

I think, that was the best decision that I made at that time. That book helps me (still does!) understand my camera more and I am able to really utilise many of the settings.

I learn the rest from the source of abundant knowledge: the Internet :)

hnine1
01-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I almost forgot about this thread. I took a look at [Charlote.Lowrie's] [Canon EOS Rebel XSI/450D Digital.Field.Guide]. I really enjoy learning new things from this book. It seems like the author went right in to the basics without writing about useless stuff. I'm not even 1/8 into the book and I already know how to use plenty of the camera's features. I've changed my style/thought of using the XSI and my pictures have improved dramatically.

Honest Gaza
01-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I wanted to get Bryan Peterson's book "Understanding Exposure" .....

Great book to help you understand SLR photography :)

...but the local bookshop didn't have it and instead they had 'Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D by Christopher Grey'.

Probably a good book to help explain the features of your camera (like my Lantern Series Canon 400D book)....but does it explain photography ?