PDA

View Full Version : Digital Rebel Error 05...fixes?

troylox
01-22-2005, 12:40 PM
I was using my rebel a few days ago an I encountered an Error 05 message. I looked it up and this has something to do with the pop-up flash. This error occurs every time I pop up the flash. I looked at my flash and one of the pins that is supposed to pop up with the flash is not coming up real well, it appears to be stuck or sticky. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, and would this be covered in my warranty? Thank you.

LoveOfSelene
01-24-2005, 02:26 PM
I was using my rebel a few days ago an I encountered an Error 05 message. I looked it up and this has something to do with the pop-up flash. This error occurs every time I pop up the flash. I looked at my flash and one of the pins that is supposed to pop up with the flash is not coming up real well, it appears to be stuck or sticky. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, and would this be covered in my warranty? Thank you.

Err 05 is when the internal flash is obstructed or the camera doesn't get an reply that the flash open sucessfuly. That should be covered in warranty if its an faulty "pop up flash." Call Canon at 1-800-OK-Canon or Email them at: https://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportMailerAct&fcategoryid=215&modelid=9430

Talk to them and they will give you a more in depth stuff.
Hope this helps.
~Loveofselene