PDA

View Full Version : online photo books?

junji98
01-20-2005, 06:18 AM
hi guys. my wife just recently tried out the photo book feature of ofoto. we were so excited when it arrived, but to our dismay, half the book was botched up! :confused: pictures werent auto-fitted so it looked cropped in an unsightly fashion; captions were cut and the printouts seemed darker than what they should be. :eek: needless to say, we will be returning the book. but we still like the idea though of being able to make a photo book. any suggestions as to other sites offering the service with better results? :D

UberVamp44
01-21-2005, 05:01 PM
I think it was Ether Pc World or Maximum PC who did review on online places like that but ether way I would look at one of those Magazines sites at there review section for that review for they rated all the top ones and such

gunnmjk
02-03-2005, 11:30 AM
iPhoto for mac has the feature of letting you design pretty amazing looking photobooks. However, I beleive it is the same kodak processing that ofoto uses.

mejode
02-17-2005, 08:01 AM
I agree, the books from iPhoto are really nice! They are easy to assemble and submit online for printing. Quality is excellent. The photos in the book always come back looking just like the preview, so there are no surprises. Unfortunately, I placed an order for some of their new soft-cover books back on 1/30 and the status of my order still says "printing". It has been over two weeks when it should only take 3-4 days to print them. As upset as I am with the slow process, I haven't been able to find another company that offers similar high quality products. So I guess I'll just have to wait!

gary_hendricks
02-17-2005, 09:00 AM
hi guys. my wife just recently tried out the photo book feature of ofoto. we were so excited when it arrived, but to our dismay, half the book was botched up! :confused: pictures werent auto-fitted so it looked cropped in an unsightly fashion; captions were cut and the printouts seemed darker than what they should be. :eek: needless to say, we will be returning the book. but we still like the idea though of being able to make a photo book. any suggestions as to other sites offering the service with better results? :D

Please check out this article which spells out some online sites for photo sharing.

http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/sharing-photos.html