PDA

View Full Version : The young 'un

Rhys
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I went to the Okra Strut on Saturday. Here's a quick photo of Miss Greater Irmo. Despite forgetting to use HSS on the flash and therefore over-exposing the frame (fixed in RAW), it's not a bad shot!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/2896698180_9da5a1ff25_b.jpg

cdifoto
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Nice.

What's "Greater Irmo."?

Mark_48
09-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Nice shot Rhys. The only thing that caught my eye, was the lack of a catchlight from the flash in her left eye, which her right eye does appear to have. It just looks a little odd for that. Maybe creating one in your photo editor might balance it off a bit.
Suspecting that you'll likely want to use this shot of a pretty girl in your portfolio, I do hope you got a model release...:o

Acronym Definition
IRMO Iraq Reconstruction Management Office
IRMO Information Resource Management Office (US CDC)
IRMO In Regard to the Marriage Of (law)
:D

Rhys
09-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Greater Irmo - not entirly sure. Look up Irmo Okra Strut.

She might get into the events section of my portfolio. It was a public event and it was in public so no release is needed.

Mark_48
09-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Greater Irmo - not entirly sure. Look up Irmo Okra Strut.

She might get into the events section of my portfolio. It was a public event and it was in public so no release is needed.

Do you consider your "Events" section as editorial, such that it is being conveyed as news with a story to the public or is it used as a means to promote your services?

http://www.asmp.org/commerce/legal/releases/

http://www.danheller.com/model-release

Sometimes shooting landscapes, bugs, and flowers is simply alot easier than people.

Mark_48
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
One other thought on the "Okra Strut Fest" that should be safe. If you've got alot of images from the event, put them to good use. Put together a slide show on a DVD with some accompanying music that fits (I'm somehow imagining something with bluegrass banjo) and release it to the local cable tv access channel serving Irmo giving yourself credit for the digital imaging and media production at the end. News with free "advertising" !!!

What do ya think??

Bluegrass banjo MIDI files...
http://midistudio.com/Studios/G-Allen/index.html

Rhys
09-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I think a page on the Irmo Okra Strut with text, written in a journalistic style would get that picture in as a news item.

Rhys
09-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh and by the way... This was shot on my XT with 17-85 IS. Despite what the recently kicked-out member of the forums used to say about the 17-85 IS, it's a darned good lens!

Ray Schnoor
09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Despite what the recently kicked-out member of the forums...
If you are speaking of Coldrain, he is not banned. He just doesn't seem to post anymore.

Ray.

Rhys
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
If you are speaking of Coldrain, he is not banned. He just doesn't seem to post anymore.

Ray.

Maybe not technically banned but certainly under the impression that his presence is no longer required.

AdamW
10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Maybe not technically banned but certainly under the impression that his presence is no longer required.

And you know this how?

Rhys
10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
And you know this how?

Oh, c'mon man. If you'd been banned from a forum many times, wouldn't you eventually get the message that your presence was not required and that it was only a matter of time before you got banned again?

Ray Schnoor
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I would guess that there are a lot more people who miss CR's contributions than there are those who are happy he has not been posting.

Ray.

D Thompson
10-01-2008, 03:15 PM

I doubt any of our presence is "required". He did bring a uniqueness however.

AdamW
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I would guess that there are a lot more people who miss CR's contributions than there are those who are happy he has not been posting.

Ray.

I doubt any of our presence is "required". He did bring a uniqueness however.

I agree with both of you.

Rhys-- I was just wondering if you were simply speculating as to his state of mind or if he actually said he no longer felt welcome.

Rhys
10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree with both of you.

Rhys-- I was just wondering if you were simply speculating as to his state of mind or if he actually said he no longer felt welcome.

Any sane, normal person who'd been banned from something on more than one occasion for the same reason might well decide that they were perhaps not a good fit.

cdifoto
10-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Any sane, normal person who'd been banned from something on more than one occasion for the same reason might well decide that they were perhaps not a good fit.
Hasn't phased me any.

Rhys
10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Hasn't phased me any.

But you haven't been banned very often.

downtrodden
10-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I miss Coldy...
Other than rub people the wrong way, what did he do to get in trouble?

Mark_48
10-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Let's start a "How Many Times Have You Been Banned From Any Forum" poll :D

cdifoto
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
But you haven't been banned very often.
Just once here. Two or three times on POTN.

faisal
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I've been permanently banned from a Car forum....pissed off the admin.. :D

Rhys
10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Lol. I got banned twice on POTN and in the end told them to @#$# themselves and never returned. I left a few forums when they turned out to be swamped with too many bleeding-heart liberals.

downtrodden
10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I avoid POTN... that place is a friggin' ZOO!

Never been banned from a forum yet...

The only forums i really hang out at are this one and a couple firearms forums.

Rhys
10-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I just left one because of its bleeding heart liberalism. Whenever they said anything that I then disagreed with, my responses were the ones that got deleted! Heck, I even had a warning because I said essentially that organisations cannot claim not to be Nazis if they act just like them.

I use Columbia Camera Club although as I'm not a paid member I get the feeling more that I'm tolerated rather than included. I use this and photo-lucidity (which could do with more members or it'll probably end up dropping dead and being abandoned). I also am a member on a couple of firearms forums.