PDA

View Full Version : Circular polariser lens and my Canon S1

Tc7
01-19-2005, 11:28 AM
I recently treated myself to a circular polarising Lens from Jessops. And after buying the adapting hood fitted it to my Canon S1 camera.

Apparently, one should be able to turn the lens and notice a difference. Well, maybe I`m doing something wrong, but it looks the same to me. I took some landscape shots today in the sunshine and turning the lens appears to make no difference. Indeed, there appeared no difference even with the lens off.

Any tips regarding polarising lenses, anyone got an S1 with one fitted?

Thanx,
Tc

Robert Besen
01-19-2005, 06:01 PM
I recently treated myself to a circular polarising Lens from Jessops. And after buying the adapting hood fitted it to my Canon S1 camera.

Apparently, one should be able to turn the lens and notice a difference. Well, maybe I`m doing something wrong, but it looks the same to me. I took some landscape shots today in the sunshine and turning the lens appears to make no difference. Indeed, there appeared no difference even with the lens off.

Any tips regarding polarising lenses, anyone got an S1 with one fitted?

Thanx,
Tc

For landscapes, the polarizer will only help whent the sun is off to the side, not behind or in front of you. There is a small circle marked on the part of the filter that turns, and you point that circle at the sun for the stongest effect. It should darken a blue sky, making a more dramatic image. It will also make dark colors more vibrant and saturated.

Jeff Keller
01-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Please create one thread only in one forum. I'm closing this one, so reply here (http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4105).