PDA

View Full Version : D-70 and B&W's

Theflagg
01-19-2005, 05:55 AM
Does the D-70 have a B&W option? I cannot find it if it does. Perhaps this is something that has to be done afterwards in a Photoshop type application. Anyone know? I just purchased my D-70.
Thanks,
Randy

D70FAN
01-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Does the D-70 have a B&W option? I cannot find it if it does. Perhaps this is something that has to be done afterwards in a Photoshop type application. Anyone know? I just purchased my D-70.
Thanks,
Randy

What is it with B&W all of a sudden? As far as I know, and I have had the D70 for 9 months, there is no B&W setting.

Does it matter? Maybe to some people, but I prefer to shoot a color original and then desaturate (convert to greyscale) in Photoshop. You can do this in Elements as well.

Is there a quality difference? None that I have see when printed.

Your milage may vary.

Roxanne
01-19-2005, 05:34 PM
LOL George ! Rox

60mm
01-22-2005, 08:03 PM
A much better alternative to desaturating for B&W is to go to Image>Adjustments>Channel Mixer. Check the Monochrome option and the tweak the channels and contrast all in the same interface. Much more control, and can make desaturation look very flat and dull.

D70FAN
01-23-2005, 03:17 PM
A much better alternative to desaturating for B&W is to go to Image>Adjustments>Channel Mixer. Check the Monochrome option and the tweak the channels and contrast all in the same interface. Much more control, and can make desaturation look very flat and dull.

Thanks for the information. A very good method as well.

alohaphoto
01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=George Riehm]What is it with B&W all of a sudden?

B&W is cool- ever try to get the final print to look like/ lighter, than you saw it in the fixer? :)

D70FAN
01-27-2005, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=George Riehm]What is it with B&W all of a sudden?

B&W is cool- ever try to get the final print to look like/ lighter, than you saw it in the fixer? :)

It was a rhetorical question.