PDA

View Full Version : Deleting pictures

Peplamb
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I have a Panasonic Lumix DCM-LZ7. I am using an SD card. All of a sudden, I now cannot delete some of the older pix on the card. If I take new ones I can delete them but not the older ones. I know that I can prtect pix from deletion in the Menu but I have not done that aqnd in fact whenI tried to put a protection on the old ones it said I could not protect them. What is going on?

Beowulff
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm guessing that you'll be able to format the SD card in the camera. You'll need to check its menu; somewhere there'll be an option to format (or initialise) the card.

Doing that deletes ALL image files from the SD card, so make sure you save any keepers to your HDD before doing this.

Hope this solves the issue. :)

S_p_i_d_e_r
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
And if it will be imposible to format your card as Beowulff suggests, you will have to format is using SD card reader connected to your computer (if the card is 2GB or less use FAT or FAT16, if it is 4GB or bigger use FAT32). Remember that this will permanently delete all data from your card.

James DeRuvo DHQ
08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
You can also run a file recovery utility like F-Recovery. This will not only recover lost files, but the card itself. But a reformat is definitely a good idea.

S_p_i_d_e_r
08-30-2008, 04:20 AM
You can also run a file recovery utility like F-Recovery. This will not only recover lost files, but the card itself. But a reformat is definitely a good idea.

Or http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showpost.php?p=324835&postcount=1 - this utility can rescue deleted or corrupted files and test your card for potential errors.