PDA

View Full Version : Odd battery problem with Olympus c-720

Budo
01-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I have an c-720 Olympus that I like alot however I do have a odd battery problem with the camera. I have tried nimh rechargable, and lithium and ordinary AA batteries. With all of them the battery charge indicator in the view finder will show no more than 50% charged. This is with fresh or just charged batteries. It has been a while but I seem to remember that it did indicate a full charge with the Olympus batteries that came with the camera. So, do I have to use Olympus batteries or is something else going on?

Thanks....

bosamuelson
02-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Hello

I to have been having the same problem, but the camera does not even turn on. Only enough time to tell me the battery is dead and then it cuts out. I bought it about 8moths ago and it was working fine and now this. Have you got an answer of anyone. I have been using rechargables for ages and they worked fine before. Please please let me know as it is driving me Mad

Cheers
Samuel

David Metsky
02-04-2005, 05:48 AM
I've had a C-720 for a few years, and I've never had this exact problem. I have three sets of NiMH batteries, and I have found that one set simply doesn't work, the camera won't opperate with them. There must be a bad cell in one battery, but I don't have the time to investigate so I use the other two sets without problem.

There is no need to use Olympus batteries, none of my sets are. But make sure you have high quality NiMH batteries.