PDA

View Full Version : picasa anyone?

junji98
01-15-2005, 05:33 AM
anyone of you using picasa to organize your photos? i am deciding between photoshop album and picasa. of course picasa is free...

thanks!

edward

kornhauser
01-17-2005, 11:31 AM
anyone of you using picasa to organize your photos? i am deciding between photoshop album and picasa. of course picasa is free...

thanks!

edward

I have Picasa; a free download. It's a nice program and helpful. Too helpful. It catagorizes pictures by year, sometimes duplicating it's results.

Also, one of the first things the program does is search your hard-drive for .jpeg, tiff, etc. files. I had a damn hard time deleting the "adult" pictures it hit in my internet temp. files.

If you're looking for a good program just to file pictures, it's pretty good. :D

UberVamp44
01-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Picasa is nice nad good not to mention its free if you are looking about budget get it but the Adobe has more features like a rating system and such but overall the Picasa is a better buy wait its free. Overall Program Adobe but factor in price and program Picasa

wirehunt
01-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm finding it a lot better than pictureproject, which came with the D70, now that program is a real disappiontment :( When you load it don't let it scan your computer. Do a manual import, that way you only get the photo's you want, I'm not very good with computers but I find this program a lot more user friendly than some of the flash Harry programs around.

If it does import photo's you don't want anyone to see just right click and hide it, simple I think!

MobstaJ
01-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I downloaded the new Picasa 2 the other day and I have to say I'm a huge fan. I migrated from photoshop album 2.0 and couldn't be happier with picasa. Although I've basically just imported all of my pictures to it and toyed around a little, it is amazing what that application provides you for free. It is pretty much on par with adobe's album software and it costs you nothing.

I kept having problems with photoshop album crasing for some reason. Picasa has basic editing features like leveling and color adjustments, cropping, tilting, red eye removal. As it seems now, I don't think picasa has a good tagging system like album 2.0 does but I got tired of tagging every picture anyway.

You can't get a better picture organizer for free. Picasa 2 is much better than the first one, apparently google has been doing good things with this company.

PeteD
01-25-2005, 01:18 PM
I have far too many different photo album type utilities - 1 with each of my 2 cameras, one with my photo printer, 1 came with elements, and several from magazine CDs, you know the drill.

But I only got Picasa a week ago, and it is what I have been seeking for many years - a utility that will search my entire Hard disc.

Well worth the money!!

phoenix rising
01-28-2005, 05:41 AM
Hello, If any one is still using the old picasa they should up date to picasa2 what a pleasure to use it does take some time playing around with it but any one can use it and the best part is you donít have to make copies if you forget to and lose that special picture that you love.

Jason25
01-28-2005, 06:29 AM
I just installed Picasa the other day, love it so far! I just told it to search in the My Documents folder for my pictures instead of the whole hard drive so I wouldn't get a bunch of junk in there too. Very pleased so far :D