PDA

View Full Version : W-1 Blurry Images

Aimeeqt1
01-15-2005, 02:26 AM
I just got my W-1 camera and it seems like every single picture I take is so blurry! I have to ask people to stand still for like 5 seconds so I can take a picture. I'm debating whether or not to get a new camera. Or does every camera do this? Because it's really frustrating me.

D70FAN
01-15-2005, 08:53 AM
I just got my W-1 camera and it seems like every single picture I take is so blurry! I have to ask people to stand still for like 5 seconds so I can take a picture. I'm debating whether or not to get a new camera. Or does every camera do this? Because it's really frustrating me.

Sounds like you need to check the selector and make sure it's on "auto". The camera icon pointed at the power on light.

You didn't give us much to go on here. Are these low light shots? With flash? etc.

In "auto" the W1 should work fine for 90% of your shots.

Aimeeqt1
01-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I think one of the reasons I'm having trouble is that I've never had a digital camera before so I don't know how to work things or what anything means. Basically I'm just frustrated because I'm trying to take pictures of say people just playing pool. Well, the pictures come out all blurry, like it's because since the people are moving that i'm not getting clear pictures. I don't know....

poikkeus
01-15-2005, 01:45 PM
George Riehm's advice is rock solid. Some of my early shots with the W1 were "blurred," but I discovered I was using the camera incorrectly. I urge you to read the instruction book before snapping pictures. (I know it's 100+ pages, but it will really help you out.)

A quick-pick of favorite hints:

1. Start things off by flipping the dial to the mode denoted by the green camera icon. That's your default.

2. When taking snapshots, hold down the exposure button half-way before you take the shot. Then, with your finger on the button, press down all the way.

3. As with all cameras, "squeeze" the exposure button rather than just pushing it. The idea is to keep the camera as still as possible.

4. Indoor shots can be taken through several different modes. That's one area where study is a big help. Be sure to keep the camera still from when you press the exposure button half-way through to when the images is finally taken.

5. Don't force or push the protruding zoom lens.

Aimeeqt1
01-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Thank you so much!
I took your advice and it helped me a lot!