PDA

View Full Version : IR with S1 IS?

bka314
08-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I found myself to like infra photos more and more. I have seen many of them here-and-there, and I've also read that the S1 is capable to do it, but I don't know how.

The camera has an IR-cut filter inside, but it doesn't work perfectly (I could make videos of the TV's remote control and so on), so I suppose IR photos are just the matter of a filter (at least I hope so). As I'm new to the world of filters - could somebody advise me something?

Thanx in advance,
Kris

Rhys
08-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I found myself to like infra photos more and more. I have seen many of them here-and-there, and I've also read that the S1 is capable to do it, but I don't know how.

The camera has an IR-cut filter inside, but it doesn't work perfectly (I could make videos of the TV's remote control and so on), so I suppose IR photos are just the matter of a filter (at least I hope so). As I'm new to the world of filters - could somebody advise me something?

Thanx in advance,
Kris

For IR, simply bung a wratten IR filter in front of the lens. I can't say I've ever tried IR with a digital camera though.