PDA

View Full Version : Need tip to get better lighted videos indoor with a TZ5

rthomas917
06-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I just picked up the TZ5 and I am still getting use to it. Love all the features but the video indoors is useless. I never had a problem with the canon SD's light always looked great even in a dark room.

What setting should I use for the camera to get more light in. It's not like I am trying to use it in a dark room just inside the house. If it wasn't for the bad video indoors and the hiss of the microphone this would be a great camera.

I would like to hear any tips out there.
Thank you
Rthomas917

TDN169
06-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Hmm. The TZ5 has that problem. Panasonic shook off all the manual controls, so all that remains is a fantastically powerful camera with some very intelligent ideas about what it wants to do. In short, If you want manual control, don't bother.
Just leave it for about 10 seconds and it should brighten up. A reduced resolution may also help

David Metsky
06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't think there are any controls of that sort. Video is pretty much a take it or leave it feature right now, except for the ability to change the resolution.

Are you shooting at full zoom? Try shooting at less zoom and see if the that helps.

rthomas917
06-08-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not zooming at all. I have changed the fps from 30 to 15 and tried lower quality. There just isn't any light getting to it. I have changed the exposure as far as I can with this camera which helped a little, but it is still pretty dark. It doesn't matter if it is HD if you can't see it.

The outdoor video looks great and has nice colors.

I have been checking all the forums hoping that I stumble upon something. I really really want to like this camera but there are a few things that are bothering me.

David Metsky
06-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't think changing the still shot exposure has any impact on the video. It may be your imagination. :)

As I said, I don't think there are any settings you can modify that will help here. Changing the number of frames per second is not going to change the exposure. This camera may simply not be very good at low light video and you'll need to make sure there is more light in the scene.