PDA

View Full Version : Which Camera?

pagnardc
08-07-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm trying to get a digital camera as a gift for my brother. He has triplet 3yr olds...and thus takes a lot of pictures. He won't be using it for anything speical...but wants nice pictures of the kids. I have the Canon A70, my parents have the Canon S1 IS, but that doesn't mean I have to get him a Canon. I'm looking at the Canon A75, the Fuji Finepix s3000, and the Minolta DiMage Z1. Do you have any advice? I'm looking to spend around $250 or less. Are there any other cameras you would recomend. Thanks for any help!!!

bka314
08-07-2004, 10:15 AM
First I must admit that I don't know the US prices.

For shooting kids IS is not necessary (they will blur themselves on the picture at longer exposeures). However, long zoom might be a good thing - not to bother the kids with each shot. What about the new Minolta Z10, with 8x zoom? Sounds to be a better deal than the Fuji (bigger zoom, more features, cheaper memory card - and Minolta says that it's a pretty fast cam, which is again good - easier to catch that moment...)

The Z10 is 399 CHF in Switzerland, so I guess it should be well below 300 USD.

Kris

zoodany
08-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm looking at the Canon A75

I have the A75, on www.zoodany.it you can see some of my pics, to have an idea..

zoodany..
www.zoodany.it