PDA

View Full Version : New D2X price

eagle17
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
DPReview has posted the new Nikon D2X pricing...

MSRP $6299 and street $4999.

For professionals this is going to be one great camera however I still think nikon is a little pricey on there glass compared to canon.

If they nail the full/cropped sensor control then this camera could help revolutionize the nikon line-up.

John

wxcloud9xw
01-29-2005, 03:58 PM
I personally can't wait until Nikon comes out with a full frame 35mm sensor. When they do that they will regain there lead over Canon. Canon has two DSLR with Full frame sensors. This is why I see the new d2x of being more for sport and journalist photographers than professional wedding/portrait photographers. The canon eos-1ds mark 2 is more suited for ultimate picture quality for portraits and the d2x is designed more for speed.. Don't get me wrong the D2x will be high quality photos, it just want be to that of a full frame sensor like in the 2 canons. They cant pack much more on that ccd sensor in the Nikon..infact 12mp is probably the limit for that size ccd before the photo quality gets bad. It's already crammed on the older d70 sized ccd sensor, which was 6mp...meaning the pixel size is half of what the d70 and 100 are. This means less light is captured and more noise is created..The d2x only goes to iso 800 and then u have to do manual shutter options to get higher than that, but im sure the noise is bad above 800 on that size sensor with that many MP. Come on Nikon get up to speed on sensor size so you can crush Canon.

P.S. I'd put my money into a Canon EOS-1Ds 11mp over the d2x unless ur a sports photographer. The price on it is dropping because of the newer 1ds-mark2 16.7 mp came out.

D70FAN
01-29-2005, 05:05 PM
I personally can't wait until Nikon comes out with a full frame 35mm sensor. When they do that they will regain there lead over Canon. Canon has two DSLR with Full frame sensors. This is why I see the new d2x of being more for sport and journalist photographers than professional wedding/portrait photographers. The canon eos-1ds mark 2 is more suited for ultimate picture quality for portraits and the d2x is designed more for speed.. Don't get me wrong the D2x will be high quality photos, it just want be to that of a full frame sensor like in the 2 canons. They cant pack much more on that ccd sensor in the Nikon..infact 12mp is probably the limit for that size ccd before the photo quality gets bad. It's already crammed on the older d70 sized ccd sensor, which was 6mp...meaning the pixel size is half of what the d70 and 100 are. This means less light is captured and more noise is created..The d2x only goes to iso 800 and then u have to do manual shutter options to get higher than that, but im sure the noise is bad above 800 on that size sensor with that many MP. Come on Nikon get up to speed on sensor size so you can crush Canon.

P.S. I'd put my money into a Canon EOS-1Ds 11mp over the d2x unless ur a sports photographer. The price on it is dropping because of the newer 1ds-mark2 16.7 mp came out.

I am speechless. :rolleyes:

D70FAN
01-29-2005, 05:09 PM
DPReview has posted the new Nikon D2X pricing...

MSRP $6299 and street $4999.

For professionals this is going to be one great camera however I still think nikon is a little pricey on there glass compared to canon.

If they nail the full/cropped sensor control then this camera could help revolutionize the nikon line-up.

John

Actually Rob Galbraith had this a few days ago.

The D2X might possibly revolutionize professional photography.