PDA

View Full Version : Using OM equipment on E-510

Bill C
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Has anybody out there had experience using OM equipment on the E-510. Specifically:

(1) Are the OM lenses difficult to use? I know AF doesn't work but, other than that, is it more difficult using them than it is on an OM-2n body.

(2) Does IS work? It would make sense if it did but I read in another forum somewhere that said it didn't

(3) Has anyone used a T-32 flash on a 510 and, if so, is a Wein required as interface between the E-510 hot shoe and the T-32?

Ken.
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
The OM lenses will work somewhat. AF will not work but the in-focus indicator will. The aperture will not stop down automatically. IS will work but you must program in the focal length. It's hit/miss on the quality of the resulting images since film lenses are optimized differently than four thirds lenses. Light can hit film at oblique angles but must hit a four thirds sensor fairly in line with the optical axis.

I believe the voltage on a T32 is significantly higher and would need an adapter.

Bill C
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Ken. I have 1n OM 50 mm f1.8 that would make a nice 100 mm short tele if it works on the 510 OK

Ken.
05-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I can't say. I don't think I ever had the 1.8 lens so I can't comment on it's quality. If you need a short tele it could be a good choice for the cost of an adapter.