PDA

View Full Version : A200 vs the A700

PuterSaurus
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Are there any other major advantages to the A700 vs the A700 other than megapixel's and LV?

Just can't decide on which one.

Rooz
04-13-2008, 05:14 PM
neither the a700 or the a200 have LV. are these really the 2 cameras you are looking to compare though ? the differences are significant. one is a budget entry level camera the other is a highly competant semi-pro.

no one minds helping people out but you need to do at least SOME of the research for yourself.

DonSchap
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Let's say that the A700 is a camera for someone who seriously wants flexibility in their shooting.

* ISO range from 100-6400

* Shutter Speed ... up to 1/8000 sec.

* Twin speed focus drive, for your lenses

* A very well laid out Vertical grip, for Portrait shooting.

* A PC-sync port for external flash synchronization

* Wireless shutter release and playback control/controller.

* and a bunch of menu control options you just will not see on the A200.

The A700 simply is about all you can expect from a APS-C sensor camera. The A200 is designed as a limited intro model.

ront
04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, I have been lurking here for a few days and when I saw this post I joined up. So first post here.
PuterSaurus, you question has pretty much been answered. I just bought an A700 last week. The A700 is all about control in my mind. It is an awesome camera and I like it a lot. I had the A100 before it. This was my first dSLR. As DonSchap and Rooz said, the A200 is an entry level camera. It takes great pictures from what I have seen, but a lot of the control has been stripped out of it. Not that that is bad, it is just the market that it is aimed at. There is a considerable price difference also. The A700 is a faster camera to make setting changes with as there are more dedicated buttons and the Quick Navi system is much to make changes with.
You did not mention the A300 or A350. Both of these cameras have LV.

Ron

PhilTokyo
04-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Similar to "ront", this post prompted me to join.
Everything has been said, but for me the most important factor is the viewfinder : the A700 has a "real" viewfinder (very similar to my beloved Alpha-7D), while the A200 has, well ... a cheap and narrow viewfinder.

After a pre-selection based on specs, go in a shop, take them in hand and shoot a few times : safest way to make the right choice.