PDA

View Full Version : Using RAW for the first time

Steve_W_1962
04-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Hopefully someone here will be able to help me here. I use a Canon EOS350D, and have Canon's Zoombrowser EX and Photoshop CS2 installed on my PC.
I have taken my first shot in RAW format, and I'm now after some advice on how to save the file on my PC in order to be able to edit it in CS2.
When I transfer JPEG's on to my PC, I use Zoombrowser initially and then do all of my editing in CS2, but I can't seem to do this with the RAW file as CS2 does not recognise the file type.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

D Thompson
04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
check your Adobe Camera Raw and make sure you have the 3.1 update.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2931

To check your version of ACR - open CS2, go to help, about plugin, and click on camera raw. That should tell your version.

Steve_W_1962
04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you Dennis
A quick check shows that I haven't got the 3.1 update, so I've opened your link and that site is temporarily unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Will try again tomorrow and let you know :)

tim11
04-03-2008, 06:57 PM
If you have fast internet connection you can just update Photoshop CS2 by clicking HELP - UPDATE. Then select the components you want installed.

Steve_W_1962
04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
If you have fast internet connection you can just update Photoshop CS2 by clicking HELP - UPDATE. Then select the components you want installed.

Thanks for all your advice, tried your link again this morning Dennis, but it still didn't work, so I opened Photoshop and went into Help->Update, and chose the bits I wanted to update and now it's sorted, thanks for that tip tim11:)

D Thompson
04-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all your advice, tried your link again this morning Dennis, but it still didn't work, so I opened Photoshop and went into Help->Update, and chose the bits I wanted to update and now it's sorted, thanks for that tip tim11:)

Strange, I tried it after your post a couple of times and had no trouble at all. Anyway, glad it all worked out.

Steve_W_1962
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Strange, I tried it after your post a couple of times and had no trouble at all. Anyway, glad it all worked out.

Thanks for your efforts Dennis, just tried it again and it still isn't working. Here's (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2931) what it looks like for me

Visual Reality
04-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Link works here.

JTL
04-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Yep. That link takes me to the update page with no probelm.

Check you browser settings or try a different browser and see what happens.