PDA

View Full Version : olympus c-765 Action Shots

ttime
01-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi, have a question ;) I just bought the olympus c-765 and I am having a little bit of trouble getting the settings right on my camera. Im mainly interested in using it for action shots. Hockey to be specific. So I havent got the lighting right, they usually turn out yellow and I adjust them in photoshop. Im just wondering if anyone has this camera and is familiar with the action settings. What would you recommend under the florescent lighting, with all that white ice? I have used a fuji fine pix and kodak easyshare but the settings are a bit more confusing on this cam. I do love it tho ;) I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Geoff Chandler
01-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Often the Auto settings are less than perfect, sometimes the preset colour balance doesn't quite get it right. The way to get closest is to use the 'Manual White' setting. Go into your colour settings, and navigate to the presets - there's a selection for manual white. Use a peice of white card or similar and hold it clearly in front of the lens, in the light, and press the OK button - your then set up for correct colours. Beware, however, this messes up the balance for any Flash pics.
Hope this helps
Geoff