PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to BH Photo

CoolRabbit
01-07-2005, 07:09 PM
I ordered my Panasonic FZ20 from B&H Photo online for $499 on Wednesday morning, and it arrived 2 days later right on time...no bugging phone calls and no hassles. Pretty awesome price to, at $499!

D70FAN
01-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I ordered my Panasonic FZ20 from B&H Photo online for $499 on Wednesday morning, and it arrived 2 days later right on time...no bugging phone calls and no hassles. Pretty awesome price to, at $499!

Now you know why B&H is a preferred stop for pros as well as amatures. They have been around as long as I can remember.

kariicedo
02-05-2005, 01:13 AM
They sell equipmet customers have returned as new without warning the customer. I got inside info that they never tell customers if the item was a returned item and they never lower the price seeing that it was a used item, It is very disappointing that a business like that should be doing this dishonesty to many loyal customers.

Digideb
02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I just bought a camera from B & H. No problems! None of the phone call hassles I've read about or anything. They seem to have pretty good customer ratings from what I've seen. The previous post on this thread is the 1st negative comment I've seen.

gary_hendricks
02-20-2005, 02:55 AM

Does anyone have problems shipping from BH Photo to overseas?

Mr. Peabody
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I've bought several items from them. They are great. I've never had a problem either. Their prices are very competive too.

D70FAN
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
They sell equipmet customers have returned as new without warning the customer. I got inside info that they never tell customers if the item was a returned item and they never lower the price seeing that it was a used item, It is very disappointing that a business like that should be doing this dishonesty to many loyal customers.

That may be true... but I know a lot of people who buy from B&H and have never had a complaint or a problem. So they must do a great job of repackaging. ;)

Rex914
03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I've heard stories of that too, but take it with a grain of salt. Most people go there to buy cameras. I'd personally never buy a lens online because there's always a good chance that it has problems, and we all know that returns to a site are a big hassle, no matter how good their return policy is.

Digideb
03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
I've been bragging about B&H Photo since I ordered my new camera from them through this site. Aside from the no-hassle buying experience we've heard from so many people, B&H deserves credit for having an honest, properly run website.
I checked out a few highly-rated resellers & almost ordered from another reseller. When I scrolled the camera bundle inventory, then looked to order a spare Li ion battery for it, I saw the "friendly reminder" to not forget spare batts. for my new camera...they were offering me AA batteries! :eek: In fact, no where on the page could I find the Li ion battery I needed.
I went to B&H's site & saw complete info. on the camera & bundle included, plus they had an easy one click ordering link for the proper battery,etc. needed. :)
As far as B&H's return policy, they replace defective merchandise with the same new product. This seems quite fair to me. I'm surprised at how many people expect companies to bear the burden of their fickle buying habits, lack of product research or price shopping. I guess I'm just "old-fashioned" but, I feel if you're interested in a product you should make your decision BEFORE you order. If you change your mind or see it cheaper somewhere else,tough luck!...that's life & the only person who should be burdened by your poor decision is YOU! ;)

ktixx
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM

That may be true, however I don't think it is company policy. I am sure there were a few isolated incidents where they do that, but if you take a look at the B&H catalog you will see that the back is filled with discounted merchandise (either from returns or demo's) Their 150 Page catalog has about 5 pages in the back dedicated to Used/Demo items. I have purchased from B&H and have nothing but good things to say about them.
Ken