PDA

View Full Version : CF Cards for Canon G5

Tristan
08-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Hello,

I'm seriously considering buying a Canon G5. I was looking at compact flash cards because I know that the included one isn't going to cut it ;)

Are there different speeds and qualities of cards? Are there certain card companies that produce CF cards that aren't compatible with the G5?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-Tristan

Ray Schnoor
08-05-2004, 01:02 PM
I have always leaned towards SanDisk and Lexar brands. Unless the prices are pretty much the same, I wouldn't go for the high speed cards because you probably wouldn't notice much improvement in speed with that camera.

Tristan
08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Ok, thanks Ray.

-Tristan

eastbluffs
08-08-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm exhaustively shopping and happened across an answer to your question from a few sources.

It won't affect "shutter lag" on a single photo, but greases the wheels for a lot of other stuff (video, time-to-next-shot, bracketing, etc).

Bottom line, for Compaq Flash, the high speed is not only up to 10 times faster (the non-high-speed is a bit slow, 1.2MB/Second max) but its only about 20% more $$. Compared to the total investment, probably worth it.

Some other formats of memory have a wider difference in price, but the base memory speed might already be fast enough.