PDA

View Full Version : Sony A100 won't show shutter speed

sparkie1263
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
When I go to set shutter speed I see a number followed by " not the speed. How do I change it back so it shows the speed?
Thanks Frank

DonSchap
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
When I go to set shutter speed I see a number followed by " not the speed. How do I change it back so it shows the speed?
Thanks Frank

Okay ... the " indicates full seconds

30" means thirty seconds shutter speed
3" means three seconds shutter speed
1" means one second shutter speed
0"5 means 1/2 second shutter speed
15 means 1/15th of a second shutter speed (please note: no " )
30 means 1/30th of a second shutter speed
250 means 1/250th of a second shutter speed

Does that help?

sparkie1263
02-08-2008, 06:58 PM
How do I change it back?

sparkie1263
02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I just restored all defaults and it is showing the speed now. But how did I change it the first time? The users manual is not very useful.
Thanks
Frank

DonSchap
02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
It is showing you the speed of the shutter ... but, you are probably up in the seconds of shutter, not fractions.

Set the camera to S-mode ... then simply use your thumbwheel to adjust the speed up or down as you desire.

A-mode only shows you Aperture

M-Mode shows you both Speed and Aperture ... but you can only adjust Speed with the A100's thumbwheel, in the M-mode. If you want to change the Aperture setting, you need to switch back to A-mode, set the desired Aperture ... then go back to Manual-Mode.

EDIT: Okay ... defaults got messed up, huh? Tricky devil it is. Haven't had that happen to me. I couldn't relate to the problem you were apparently having. So much for killer-camera operation.