PDA

View Full Version : Using Panorama on DSLR's

Jerry M
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Can anyone share their experience using the panorama mode on a Olympus DSLR? I don't have a XD Panorama card and just want to be sure it's worth it before I pick one up since I don't really need another XD card.

Thanks in advance

kgosden
01-31-2008, 08:49 PM
I have rarely found the panorama function to add much to any of the Olympus cameras I owned; at least not those that allowed manual exposure settings. All the feature does on Oly's is lock the exposure of the series to the settings of the first shot. Even that is useless 90% of the time. It only works if that is a decent setting for the average of all the images needed.

fotogmarc
01-31-2008, 09:37 PM
It does seem like a waste of money for something that P&S have been offering for years. I use the stitch feature on PS Elements and have had great results. Using a tripod is a big advantage.

Jerry M
02-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Your reply's are sort of what I expected, and I didn't want to pick up an additional XD card that I really don't need.

Photomarc, my wife and I love Italy. We have been there several times and are going again this spring with friends who want to see it. Where are you located?

Thanks Again,
Jerry

fotogmarc
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Your reply's are sort of what I expected, and I didn't want to pick up an additional XD card that I really don't need.

Photomarc, my wife and I love Italy. We have been there several times and are going again this spring with friends who want to see it. Where are you located?

Thanks Again,
Jerry

I'm in the northeast corner (Udine).
Be sure to check the political climate if you're going to Naples, they've had some unrest there due to sanitation problems.