PDA

View Full Version : T32 legacy flash with e510

Shoot
01-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum and here's my first post. I hope it helps someone. I have an e510 and a lot of legacy OM equipment (lens, ring flash, macro bellows, macro lenses, T32 flash, several OM1 and OM2's). I am just starting to experiment with the old equipment. The first item I used is the T32 flash. Wow, I forgot how fast it refreshes and how powerful it is. I was shooting with the 40-150 kit lens and was able to stop swimming action from about 75 ft away. I found the best way to use it was as follows: Set the flash to manual, camera to manual, ASA to 400, speed to 1/125s and then adjust the f-stop according to the distance from the subject. At about 30 feet, f-11 worked well.

Great shots. I will give more details if there is interest in this thread. I will also post on my use of the macro equipment when I get the adapter ring (not in yet).

kodaker
01-20-2008, 08:01 AM
I see where you have been using the Olympus T32 flash with your E-510. Have you checked the trigger voltage of your flash? Olympus recommends a voltage of less than 6 volts. The reason I am asking is I want to also use an older flash on my 510 and it reads 9 volts and I would like to know if other people are using flashes with more than 6 volts and having no problem.

Bill C
04-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum and here's my first post. I hope it helps someone. I have an e510 and a lot of legacy OM equipment (lens, ring flash, macro bellows, macro lenses, T32 flash, several OM1 and OM2's). I am just starting to experiment with the old equipment. The first item I used is the T32 flash. Wow, I forgot how fast it refreshes and how powerful it is. I was shooting with the 40-150 kit lens and was able to stop swimming action from about 75 ft away. I found the best way to use it was as follows: Set the flash to manual, camera to manual, ASA to 400, speed to 1/125s and then adjust the f-stop according to the distance from the subject. At about 30 feet, f-11 worked well.

Great shots. I will give more details if there is interest in this thread. I will also post on my use of the macro equipment when I get the adapter ring (not in yet).

Have you tried the T-32 on your 510 in auto mode (or will it even work in auto). Also, why did you have to set ASA 400?