PDA

View Full Version : Computational Photography

DonSchap
01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Folks,

If you haven't seen this short lecture, you missing a very interesting shift in the future of photography.

Really, take a look at this ... at the bottom of the link ... the "focusing brush" (http://audioblog.fr/archives/tag/lens/) (<-click here)

Awesome thinking ... :cool:

I am wondering, which lens you use for the SLR viewfinder? LOL :D

Bynx
01-03-2008, 12:01 AM
WOW Don, thanks for the info on this. Very interesting indeed. Certainly not for everyone, but the creative ones will love this.

Paradox
01-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Saw that a few months ago - it's a very interesting page, to say the least. I'd be curious to see where it goes, but I'm not sure it'd ever be of much use to me. Digital is one thing, but I think that takes TOO much out of the art of actually getting things right in-camera personally.

Bynx
01-03-2008, 04:06 AM
You have to admit Paradox, that for those people who think in hindsight, it sure makes life easy for them. To be able to actually alter the perspective of the photo after its been taken.

Paradox
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Of course, I tend to think in hindsight myself. But I think it takes the fun out of things, even if it is practical. So I'll correct afterwards if I did get it wrong - But I'd much rather be able to get it right first time. It's like adding an extra feature to the auto mode of the camera - great for convenience, but it just takes something else out of the experience. I don't know, maybe I'm just old fashioned. :p

DonSchap
01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Admittedly, there is a place for this kind of thinking ... and perhaps England is that very place. In the meantime, technology rockets on and I suggest we start saving our sheckles to grab on of these exciting lenses and going to work.

Think of it as a "paradigm shift for the 21st Century" ... dynamic focus! What better way for photography to improve? No more mis-focused shots. A win-win, in my book, because I can't focus for ... :D

TheMayer78
01-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Unreal, it's one of those things that I would not have thought would ever exist because I would not have ever thought of it! Too bad it will be 15 years before I could even think about affording something like this. Although it was not so long ago when the Canon Pro1, not even comparable to the S5, although it does shoot raw, was a $1300 camera. I can't wait until we can all levitate! You know it's coming.

Paradox
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Pah, forget levitation - It's the 3D holographic cameras I'm waiting for, that recreate the scene perfectly complete with sounds and smells. :eek:

Stephen80
01-07-2008, 02:07 AM
can not open the site, what happen?
:confused:

leaftye
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
That lens and software is simply amazing!