PDA

View Full Version : help with settings pics inc.

gazz
01-03-2005, 02:34 AM
hi i hope someone can help me i have recently being given a Casio QV-3000ex
now my problem is i'm trying to take a pic of a projected image on a screen in a very dark room and my picture is coming out grainy if i turn the lights on in the room the image is washed out and you can't see a thing i know ive got the settings wrong but i have being told what settings to use but can't find them in the menu on the camera these are the setting iv'e being told to use:
3. ISO setting AUTO
4. OEV setting + 1.7
this a sample of what is coming out when i take a photo but its not a true representation of what i see:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/mycinemareel/cde034.jpg

and heres another one there also a bit on the darkside he he...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/mycinemareel/cde015.jpg

John_Reed
01-05-2005, 08:49 AM
hi i hope someone can help me i have recently being given a Casio QV-3000ex
now my problem is i'm trying to take a pic of a projected image on a screen in a very dark room and my picture is coming out grainy if i turn the lights on in the room the image is washed out and you can't see a thing i know ive got the settings wrong but i have being told what settings to use but can't find them in the menu on the camera these are the setting iv'e being told to use:
3. ISO setting AUTO
4. OEV setting + 1.7It looks like the ISO chosen by your camera is too high. You'll have to set the ISO manually to no more than 100, and be prepared for a slow shutter speed. Tripod, anyone?

Incidentally, your image files are "double bracketed," which is why you have extra "" displayed around your posted photos. To post a hosted image here, you have only to either type out the "[IMG]", "" brackets yourself, and place the image URL between the ] and the [, or let the site create the brackets by clicking on the image icon above. Don't do both.

gazz
01-06-2005, 02:48 PM
John thanks for the input i don't suppose you know where to find the iso setting on the menu do you ive looked everywhere on the camera and can't find them
regards Garry