PDA

View Full Version : Speck Of Somthing in Viewfinder?

Rilesport
01-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I noticed that when i look through my 300D viewfinder i see a black speck. I first thought it could have been somthing on my lens protector/lens so i took off my lens and looked through the view finder. It was still there. I have ruled out the CCD image sensor as well i am almost 100 % sure its the plastic part that the mirror is pointing at. Anyone have any ideas on how to clean that?

Riley Porter

jamison55
01-02-2005, 04:41 AM
I get dust in my viewfinder all of the time. When it gets particularly annoying, I just take a bulb blower and blow the dust off of the focusing screen (the area above the mirror). That seems to take care of it.

arivard
01-24-2006, 09:08 AM
I noticed that when i look through my 300D viewfinder i see a black speck. I first thought it could have been somthing on my lens protector/lens so i took off my lens and looked through the view finder. It was still there. I have ruled out the CCD image sensor as well i am almost 100 % sure its the plastic part that the mirror is pointing at. Anyone have any ideas on how to clean that?

Riley Porter

I have the same situation.... and has no effect on images. I cleaned mirror and used blower to no avail. I think it appears to be lodged at the eyepiece on my camera, but difficult to tell where exactly, as it looks magnified. I have also had a camera shop do a cursory cleaning. They reccomended sending it to Canon. I wonder if there would be any alternatives?

24Peter
01-24-2006, 07:51 PM
My XT viewfinder and/or mirror is loaded with stuff. Have no idea how it got in there and I have no idea how to get it out. Just learned to ignore it. :(