PDA

View Full Version : Got new Z2

bobjoe
08-04-2004, 04:03 PM
I did some research before getting this camera (KM Z2), but is there any way I can use it as a webcam? Just wondering. Also, I'm kinda a newb to this DSLR thingy. I used a SLR in the past but I'm a bit out of date with digital stuff. Also, do you guys think I should get a wide lens converter thing? or the external flash? I think this camera is pretty cheap for all the features it's packed with.
If you guys got anything you want to warn me in ahead of times before I go shuttle-releasing happy, TELL ME!!!!

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Some DSLR pro wanable, hehe.

Bob

D70FAN
08-04-2004, 04:26 PM
I did some research before getting this camera (KM Z2), but is there any way I can use it as a webcam? Just wondering. Also, I'm kinda a newb to this DSLR thingy. I used a SLR in the past but I'm a bit out of date with digital stuff. Also, do you guys think I should get a wide lens converter thing? or the external flash? I think this camera is pretty cheap for all the features it's packed with.
If you guys got anything you want to warn me in ahead of times before I go shuttle-releasing happy, TELL ME!!!!

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Some DSLR pro wanable, hehe.

Bob

One piece of advice: Try not to go too crazy. I know it will be tempting to shoot every blade of grass in your yard (don't shoot the weeds as they are paranoid), but try to contain yourself.

For tips on how everything works check out Jeffs review. Better than wading through the manual.

Other than that, have fun.

P.S. Sorry, the A2 is not a dSLR for a myriad of reasons. ;)

bobjoe
08-05-2004, 01:42 AM
thanks dude
but I did read Dave's review and a bunch of other ones. I was hoping for some hints on getting the accessories for that camera. I find it a very weird shape, so I can't really get a small camera bag, and I don't want a big one cause, it's expensive and way too big for my liking. Also, is that wide lens converter a need? or just a want? Also, what about the flash? need or want?
And finally, any hints where I can find a good and reliable place to buy these stuff in the net.

Some dude

Bob

PS. thanks for the reply

D70FAN
08-05-2004, 07:07 AM
thanks dude
but I did read Dave's review and a bunch of other ones. I was hoping for some hints on getting the accessories for that camera. I find it a very weird shape, so I can't really get a small camera bag, and I don't want a big one cause, it's expensive and way too big for my liking. Also, is that wide lens converter a need? or just a want? Also, what about the flash? need or want?
And finally, any hints where I can find a good and reliable place to buy these stuff in the net.

Some dude

Bob

PS. thanks for the reply

If you ask the same questions over on the Konika-Minolta site I'm sure that one of the A2 owners can answer your questions. Ask on the regular page, not the dSLR page.

bobjoe
08-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Well, I actually thought about that. But looking at that part of the forum, it seems there are too little people. :(
If anyone is trying to reply to this tread, I'm going to have a new one at the Minolta topic. :o

Laters

Bob

jamison55
08-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Few corrections, looks like he bought a Z2, not an A2. And isn't the Z series technically an SLR with TTL viewing and even a mirror that moves out of the way when you take a shot?

D70FAN
08-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Few corrections, looks like he bought a Z2, not an A2. And isn't the Z series technically an SLR with TTL viewing and even a mirror that moves out of the way when you take a shot?

Good one... ha-ha. I get it...but ahh...

...No.

Jake Conner
08-15-2004, 02:23 PM
All digicams are SLRs in that you view through the taking lens via the LCD...

Jake

D70FAN
08-15-2004, 11:22 PM
All digicams are SLRs in that you view through the taking lens via the LCD...

Jake

Ok...You're both right. Got me.

Jeff, you need to revise the site to reflect the fact that all DC's with LCD preview have SLR capability via the LCD viewer, Although I think that makes them TTL viewers and not really a reflex camera. But I'm too tired and stupid to argue the point.