PDA

View Full Version : Image Blur

GoneDigital
01-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Hello. I have a Fuji E510. I am getting pretty bad image blur while shooting anything with movement. I have tried increasing the shutter speed, but then the image comes out too dark. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

propwash
01-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Hello. I have a Fuji E510. I am getting pretty bad image blur while shooting anything with movement. I have tried increasing the shutter speed, but then the image comes out too dark. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what modes the 510 has, but if you go to a faster shutter speed, you also need to increase the f-stop to let in more light. This compensates for the shorter shutter speed. If your camera has a shutter priority mode, then give this mode a try.

jaykinghorn
01-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Propwash is correct in stating that when you increase the shutter speed, you need to allow more light in by opening the aperture. To do this you decrease the f-stop, not increase it as stated in the last post. F8 lets in more light than F11.

The correct solution is to switch to a shutter-priority mode and choose the shutter speed you want to stop action. 1/500 of a second is a good start. The camera will choose the correct aperture for a properly exposed image provided there is enough light. If you still get dark images, you may need to use on-camera flash or shoot outside. (You didn't mention what your subject was in the original post, so I can't provide too many specifics.)

Best of luck
Jay Kinghorn
RGB Imaging

propwash
01-01-2005, 08:55 PM
What I said was:

I'm not sure what modes the 510 has, but if you go to a faster shutter speed, you also need to increase the f-stop to let in more light.

What I should have said is:

...you also need to increase the aperture (smaller f-stop number) to let in more light.

Thanks for pointing out my error.

ReF
01-02-2005, 08:04 PM
you can also try increasing the ISO to an acceptable extent. it's better to have a little grain in your picture than ending up with one that's so dark that it's even hard to rescue in Photoshop.