PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Christmas

jb2twin
12-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I would like tips for taking pictures of Christmas lights. There will be a lot of water for reflections besides the general Christmas lights. I am getting a new camera for Christmas (probably the Fuji S700 -- maybe the Canon 5IS), but in the meantime, I have to try to make do as best I can with my pocket Casio 60Z and my Film EOS Rebel (if the sticky shutter behaves long enough). Thanks!

Pave
12-10-2007, 01:26 AM
What exactly do you have in mind? When you say you want to take pictures of Christmas lights you mean taking pictures of static things with like a christmas tree or something or of something like people with the christmas atmo?

jcanon701
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
both would be good advice

toriaj
12-10-2007, 03:55 PM
You could check out the replies to this (http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35849&highlight=tripod) thread.

If you want to take pictures of people, with their faces well-exposed, you will probably need some additional lighting. You might be satisfied using the flash on your camera, or you may want to consider other light sources. Try to reduce heavy shadows as much as you can. And keep in mind that people can only hold "still" for about 1/4 sec (if I remember correctly, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

fred333
12-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Great tips thanks.