PDA

View Full Version : video cd photos

frankiexx
11-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi, as you will guess i'm pretty new with photography and I have somehow managed to convert a whole load of photos on to a DVD with Nero software but sadly into video cd format.
Can anybody tell me how, (if it is at all possible) to convert them back again to jpegs.

Frank

tim11
11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think there is a program that directly converts a finished DVD into VCD format.

If there is no option in Nero to render the output to VCD then you will have to do it all over again with appropriate software.

If you deleted all JPEG originals then I'm afraid it's bad news. The only way to get JPEG back is screen capture but the quality is nowhere near the originals.

Sintares
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Ouch, videocd is very low resolution compared to the resolution of most digital cameras.

If the pictures where converted to a video file the resolution would only be 352 x 288 pixels (pal), or 352 x 240 pixels (ntsc ie america)

Even if they are converted to stills the pictures are only (pal) 704x576,352x288 or (ntsc) 704x480,352x240

So really you could not be able to get much of a print out of them at all.

What happened to the original copy of the photos ? Are they still in a folder in the hard drive somewhere ?

If you deleted them off the memory card then assuming it has not been used since you could always use photo recovery software to find and save them again.

frankiexx
11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys
a hard lesson learned there then!!

Regards Frank