PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal?-Nikkor Lens

Renaylor
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
I went out to do my traditional Black Friday shopping-got a lot of great deals :-) and decided to head over to Adorama(NYC) and buy by Birthday gift 2 weeks early. I bought a used 50-200 mm AF-S VR lenses for 189.99 with the basic set of Tiffen filters thrown in for about $45 more, all in all it came up to about $253. I inspected the lenses thoroughly(checked for dings and scratches as well as rotated the barrel of the lenses) and will truly test it with my D40 and put it through the paces later. I asked the gentlemen about whether the lenses was returned and he explained to me that when lenses like that are returned after 1-2 weeks they are used as a demo model. Should I return it( I asked about their return policy) or keep it as long as it does not have any issues?

SpecialK
11-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Filters are not "thrown in" for $45...

The lens itself sounds OK.

Renaylor
11-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Well, let is put it this way.....the difference in price for what I did not pay allowed me to purchase a TIFFEN 3 filter set with case(warming,polarizer,UV)and one of the filters I would have to purchase separately anyway. However I did not get the lens hood or soft case that usually comes with those lenses. It was no loss to me however since I have a collapsible lenses hood that screws on and off and I also prefer a hard case for my lenses anyway. I got a chance to work with it last night and I am pretty impressed with it but I will be watching its performance to make sure there is not really issues.