PDA

View Full Version : DC240 Zoom freezing

Dee
08-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Recently my DC240 Zoom camera has starting freezing up while I'm taking pictures. The only way to unfreeze it has been to remove the batteries for a couple of minutes and then replace them. Every time I do that I have to reset the date and time. It will then work for 3 or 4 more pictures, but then will freeze again. It's really frustrating. :mad:

I normally use a 64 MB card in the camera, but recently started using a 256 MB card. Could this be causing the camera to freeze up?? I did change back to the 64 MB and have since taken 60+ pictures without it freezing on me.

Therefore, I'm thinking the 256 card may be what's causing the problem, but I'd like to understand why it does. :confused:

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dee

D70FAN
08-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Recently my DC240 Zoom camera has starting freezing up while I'm taking pictures. The only way to unfreeze it has been to remove the batteries for a couple of minutes and then replace them. Every time I do that I have to reset the date and time. It will then work for 3 or 4 more pictures, but then will freeze again. It's really frustrating. :mad:

I normally use a 64 MB card in the camera, but recently started using a 256 MB card. Could this be causing the camera to freeze up?? I did change back to the 64 MB and have since taken 60+ pictures without it freezing on me.

Therefore, I'm thinking the 256 card may be what's causing the problem, but I'd like to understand why it does. :confused:

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dee

I'm thinking that you are correct. The DC240 is a fairly old camera, in digital camera terms, and it is possible that it has problems reading from cards larger than 64MB or 128MB, or maybe a particular brand of card (you didn't say which one).

Since the DC240 is only a 1.3MP camera you should be getting around 180 pictures on a 64MB memory anyway, so I'm not sure that having a size limit at 64MB or 128MB would be a major problem.

Dee
08-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the response George. It's continuing to work normally using the 64 MB card so guess that I'll just use the 256 one to transfer data between our lap tops. :)

Dee