PDA

View Full Version : buydig.com

np288
12-30-2004, 03:50 PM
i was shopping around for my canon A80 when i saw that buydig.com is selling the A85 for 201 dollars.. how reliable is this site? are they one of the shady scam artists or can i expect good service? if anyone has had experience with this company then please advise!!

JBellomy
12-30-2004, 03:59 PM
I too am looking to purchase a camera from BuyDig.com. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Robert
12-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Buydig.com is currently rated as 8.73 out of 10 on the Resellerratings.com website which is a decent rating. I've never dealt with these folks but I've heard from others that they are honest but usually call the buyer to "confirm" the order. Their confirmation call results in a very high pressure sales pitch to sell accessories and extended warranties. The accessories are generally overpriced and the extended warranties are often a royal screw. I guess that's not a problem if one doesn't have a problem saying "no".

tedsherman
01-10-2005, 07:47 PM
I ordered a 20d and lens from buydig last Wednesday night. I called them on Thursday to make sure the order was ok and was told the order was at shipping. I did not receive any email with tracking numbers on Thurs so I called on Fri, only to be told they were out of stock, even thought the website said "in stock." Called back this morning and still out of stock. So I cancelled my order and ordered through digitalfotoclub (price was $1308 for the 20d w/o lens and $393 for the Canon EF 28-135 IS USM). Shipping and all came out to about $1775.

Ted (who will not go to buydig.com again)

LStoner
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I have used BuyDig.com. I had an excellent experience which I think is more the norm and not the exception. My suggestion to you is to call before ordering to make sure exactly what you want is in stock. I always do this before ordering online because any online store may have a site that isn't updated to the minute.

Anyway, I ordered the FZ20 and got it in 3 days! All accessories included and the manufacturer's warranty. You shouldn't have a problem with these guys.

-Lee Ann

tedsherman
01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I called yesterday morning and canceled my order with buydig.com--the canon 20d was in stock when I placed the order yet not in stock when I called and they never called or emailed to notify me it was out of stock. I made sure the customer service rep understood I wanted to cancel the order. Last night a charge came through on my credit card for the buydig order, even though the camera was out of stock and I had canceled the order. When i called today, the CS rep--Jake--was extremely rude. I filed a complaint with the BBB, which I also faxed to the buydig VP. I will never do business with them again and will never suggest anyone do so.

Ted

Fred
01-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Buydig.com is the "sister site" to Beach Camera. I have ordered twice from Beach w/good results, but have never used Buydig.

John_Reed
01-11-2005, 11:55 AM
A couple of weeks ago, Buydig was offering the FZ15 at ~$346, I think. Today I couldn't find any Panasonic FZ cameras on Buydig, only the FX7 and LC80. Curious change?

speaklightly
01-11-2005, 12:50 PM
I have had nothing but excellent service for Buy Dig.Com, and I have purchased not one but three digital cameras from them. They have filled the order promptly, everything was there, and the cameras arrived on the promised schedule.

Sarah Joyce

Jredtugboat
01-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I purchased my Canon PShot G2 three years ago from Buydig. I felt I received excellent service--all items came as advertised, on time, and I had no billing issues. (By the way, I ordered online--no pre-call, and didn't speak to anyone there.)

My friend, on the other hand, bought an Olympus 5050. He was told that the item was in stock. A week later it hadn't arrived, and he called to cancel his order. The response was a generic "Ooops, that's out of stock, we'll have to
check back with you." He cancelled right away.

Some time later the camera arrived and he had been charged.

The worst part of that, of course, is that you'd have to waste your time sending the thing back...

I'm seriously considering an EOS 20D and am now sort of...wondering...if Buydig should be on my short list at all.

Just some pennies.

Julian

tedsherman
01-13-2005, 07:12 AM
When I finally had to call buydig to have them issue a credit to my credit card--they charged my card AFTER I had canceled the order--the customer service guy was extrememly rude and hung the phone up. I immediately filed a complaint with the BBB. The credit to my card still has not come through my bank.

They did something very similar to my brother when he was shopping for a digicam (an expensive one) for his moviemaker son.

I eventually purchased my 20d and 28-135 IS USM lens from digitalfotoclub.com (which has a much better resellerrating than buydig) and had a wonderful experience with them; I've tracked the shipment from New York to Murfreesboro, and it will be delivered this morning.

Ted

Grossie
02-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I just bought a D70 from buydig. I chose them after consulting here, resellerratings.com and pricegrabber.com. The combination of good ratings and good prices is what lead me there.

My experience was very positive. I ordered last Sunday and the camera was delivered Wednesday even though I chose the free shipping. The only phone call was to verify the shipping address, there was no upsell, although my wife spoke with them, so there was no opportunity for an upsell.

Overall this was a very good experience. Assuming my rebate comes from Nikon I will be a big fan of buydig.com.

gary_hendricks
02-10-2005, 08:20 PM
i was shopping around for my canon A80 when i saw that buydig.com is selling the A85 for 201 dollars.. how reliable is this site? are they one of the shady scam artists or can i expect good service? if anyone has had experience with this company then please advise!!

Buydig.com is a great place to shop. I order some stuff from them last year and they were very reliable. Great customer support too.

EAP
02-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Both I and a friend purchased cameras from BuyDig.com and had excellent experiences. I would be comfortable buying from them again.

I also just purchased a camera from 17th St. Photo and had a stellar experience. Their shipping charges are kinda high, but the lower overall prices and availability and low price of accessories I wanted compensated nicely.

ReF
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
i buy many many thing online (no tax, YAY!) and buydig.com has been one the best so far. i am impressed when i recieve my products from amazon.com with free shipping within 5 days but i got mine stuff from buydig.com within 3 days! no calls. they don't have the best prices on accessories though.

ReF
02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
When I finally had to call buydig to have them issue a credit to my credit card--they charged my card AFTER I had canceled the order--the customer service guy was extrememly rude and hung the phone up. I immediately filed a complaint with the BBB. The credit to my card still has not come through my bank.

They did something very similar to my brother when he was shopping for a digicam (an expensive one) for his moviemaker son.

I eventually purchased my 20d and 28-135 IS USM lens from digitalfotoclub.com (which has a much better resellerrating than buydig) and had a wonderful experience with them; I've tracked the shipment from New York to Murfreesboro, and it will be delivered this morning.

Ted

i'm not assuming anything about how you sounded when you talked to their rep, and i would be angry too if i was in your situation, but i will make this statement in general (not refering to you in particular): sometimes you will get a rude person on the other line, and sometimes you will get a nice person. but if you are rude to them, not only will they return the favor, but they will also be inclined to be as unhelpful as possible. be nice to the person on the other line, as most of the time they will not be the ones that caused your problem in the first place. if your problem cannot be solved, then speak to whoever is in charge. I will say that half the time managers are rude, probably due to having a big head.

SAnderson
02-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Don't like the idea of being charged for items not in stock. I know many stores don't charge your credit card until shipping. Basically they can just reserve the fund from your credit card, and finalize it after shipping. You may want to check with the seller on this. I order my ink for my canon i9900 from http://www.top-ink.com. They told us they do not charge my credit card until after the shippment is made.
Shirley