PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like I'm Looking Through A Venetian Blind

Mr_Brent
12-29-2004, 06:15 PM
:o I'm new to digital photography. I have a Fuji Finepix A210 (a gift.) It used to take great pictures, but now (about a year old) it takes pictures with horizontal lines in them, :confused: like looking through A venetian blind. No matter what I try to adjust, :mad: I can't get rid of them....Help Mr. Wizard :eek:

shawnrgr
01-13-2005, 02:33 PM
:o I'm new to digital photography. I have a Fuji Finepix A210 (a gift.) It used to take great pictures, but now (about a year old) it takes pictures with horizontal lines in them, :confused: like looking through A venetian blind. No matter what I try to adjust, :mad: I can't get rid of them....Help Mr. Wizard :eek:

I have the finepix e550. When I first got it I was also getting these horizontal lines that your speaking of. A few tips that helped me get rid of them...

when taking pictures indoors, try not to take shots where your light-source is behind the subject, in other words, light-source from behind your camera is the best. also one thing that always helps with lines in my shots is the "sharp" function on my e550, the higher I turn it up, the worse the lines. I keep it on "soft" and my lines dissapear. Hopefully that helps you out

jrussellfl
03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately I do not think the issue is the light source (behind, in front, to the side, etc.). The reason is that my Fuji fine pix A303 used to take great pictures without lines....ever. The only thing the light source did was effect the brightness and clarity of the shot which is what you expect with different sources of light.

Now, just recently, my about year and a half old fuji camera takes pictures with lines that, as has been mentioned, look like you are looking through venetian blinds. It also doesn't matter if it's indoors or outdoors. Light in front of subject or behind.

I too received the camera as a gift and it was a great buy being reasonably priced and able to take up to 3.2 megapixel shots. I suspect a manufacturing issue. Maybe something inside the processing unit just wears out.

I'll continue searching and let you know if I find anything.

Cheers.

Mr_Brent
10-14-2005, 12:05 PM
:D Camera was under warranty, sent it back to manufaturer through Comp USA (where it was purchased) About two months later :rolleyes: we happen to be in the neighborhood, so we stop in. The camera was there,:D so we took it home (65 miles out of town,) opened the box, put in the batteries, and viola! :( It comes up saying "focus error" and won't do anything but zoom in and out, no matter what setting I change on the menu:mad: .......Maybe getting an Olympus, and will send in pics of flattened Fuji......:cool:

Stophle
10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey there, sorry this is such a late response but I've only just found this topic.

I had the exact same problem with my camera. It used to take pictures just fine, then all of a sudden, for no reason at all, there were these awful lines across every picture. I agree that I don't think it had anything to do with the light source. I'm no expect, in fact I'm a total novice when it comes to taking pictures, so I took the camera in to a repair shop and they said it would have to go back to Fuji to be fixed because there was nothing they could do with it. I have to agree with what someone else said, in that maybe something in the camera just wears out. The "venetian blind" reference was perfect though, because that's exactly what they looked like. Thick, ugly lines.