PDA

View Full Version : raynox or pemaraal

rubberduck
08-03-2004, 10:20 AM
hello

In about two weeks i,ll be in avacation in milano italy and i want to ask if any one knows of stores there that are selling adapters or lenses from the companys "RAYNOX" or "PEMARAAL" :confused:

i have searched every where and outside of the u.s its very hard to find any :(

thanks for all the great pepole out there

" if you have to (take) ashot shot dont talk :rolleyes: "

milano-italy pepole it has to be at least one god damm store ot not??

John_Reed
08-03-2004, 10:47 AM
hello

In about two weeks i,ll be in avacation in milano italy and i want to ask if any one knows of stores there that are selling adapters or lenses from the companys "RAYNOX" or "PEMARAAL" :confused:

i have searched every where and outside of the u.s its very hard to find any :(

thanks for all the great pepole out there

" if you have to (take) ashot shot dont talk :rolleyes: "

milano-italy pepole it has to be at least one god damm store ot not??I don't think the Pemaraal adapters are sold through stores anywhere, though I could be wrong. They're conveniently available on-line here. (http://www.b-300.com/) As for Raynox, I don't know their marketing philosophy either, though they seem to be available at on-line places such as this place. (http://www.precision-camera.com/page/PCV/CTGY/ROLA) If you're leaving soon, I'd suggest you try to get an adapter on-line before you go; depending on finding one in Milano might not be such a good idea.

rubberduck
08-03-2004, 11:10 AM
I understand what you say but i,m not so excited about spreading my credit number in acountry that is about out of reach if some fuck up happens,

so what are my options??

probably i,ll have to ask you if you know about any good filters /lenses /adapters that do sell in stores that i can use on my very new camera (fz10).

oh by the way thanks for your quick answer

"if you have to (take) shot shot dont talk"

John_Reed
08-03-2004, 11:55 AM
I understand what you say but i,m not so excited about spreading my credit number in acountry that is about out of reach if some fuck up happens,

so what are my options??

probably i,ll have to ask you if you know about any good filters /lenses /adapters that do sell in stores that i can use on my very new camera (fz10).
If I was heading to Milano, looking forward to all the beautiful scenery of Italy, I'd be happy to have only the FZ10. It's very flexible (35mm to 420mm, right?) with no adapters at all, in fact if you have an adapter such as a telephoto extender, it can cramp your flexibility. Sometimes it's quicker to use a little digital zoom than to bolt on an extender. I don't use any filters myself; if you keep the provided lens hood attached and are quite careful with your camera and lens, you might not need anything at all. I've taken over 3,000 shots with my FZ10 already and the lens is still spotless. On the other hand, if you're in a pinch, the provided lens hood has 72mm threads; you can get a polarizing filter, for example, to screw into that, though at that size they can be costly. I sometimes "simulate" the effect of a polarizer by underexposing to make the sky come out deeper blue, and the results can look pretty good that way. One other thing: be sure to remove the hood and/or filters and use the anodized ring (the one you take off to screw on the lens hood) to take any flash shots with the on-board flash.