PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help: any way to restore erased memory card?

Clare
10-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi, everyone,
I'm new to this forum, though I've lurked. I'll fill in profiles and stuff later but right now I'm in a bind, though I fear I know the answer to the question.

I'm using a new-to-me Olympus sp510 UZ, and it appears as though I've inadvertently erased the xd memory card--while I can live without my pictures (though I'd love to have them back) it turns out that one of the photos was of a friend's 80th birthday party--and one of the guests, her lover (yes, that happens at 80...) died yesterday. One of her comforts, she said, was that I had a picture of him. Is there any way to seek out and possibly restore images? I'm not even sure how I deleted the 50 some that were on the card, except that I'm new to the camera and may have done something I shouldn't. It's a 256 card. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks so much
Clare

fabi
10-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Try these:

Photo Recovery (http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/dpr.htm)

or

PCInspector Data Recovery (http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/smart_recovery/info.htm?language=1).

Both freeware.

Good luck.

fabi

Clare
10-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Fabi,
You are my new hero. Photorecovery brought back the whole card. Not only did this friend lose her lover yesterday, she lost her 83 year old sister on Wednesday. Your advice has made a huge difference in someone's life today. Sometimes the little things we do mean the most. Thank you.
Clare

fabi
10-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm pleased to help and make things less worse.

fabi

JLV
10-09-2007, 07:40 AM
A little over two years ago, 110 of my photos could not be recovered. I tried two or three programs, and sent the SD card to two companies, but the photos could not be recovered. I have used the card many times since then, deleted and reformatted. I even loaded the card to someone else to use in a different camera.

After reading this thread, I downloaded Photorecovery. WOW, I recovered 60 of those photos.

Thanks for recommending this program.

TheWengler
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
After reading this thread, I downloaded Photorecovery. WOW, I recovered 60 of those photos.

That's pretty amazing.

JLV
10-10-2007, 01:00 PM
That's pretty amazing.

That how I felt, so I thought I would post here to let others know.

Paradox
10-10-2007, 01:21 PM
If there were 60 photos stored in the card for all those years, did you notice a lower capacity than you did before the problem? If not, how the hell?...It's pretty amazing that they were still there.

JLV
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
If there were 60 photos stored in the card for all those years, did you notice a lower capacity than you did before the problem? If not, how the hell?...It's pretty amazing that they were still there.

It is a one GIG SD card. I never took as many photos on that card again. I have been using a number of cards changing by subject if I was taking a lot of photos.