PDA

View Full Version : A little A100 work ...

DonSchap
09-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Tonight, in advanced digital, we were toying with depicting movement, so I decided to use the weapons of the Jedi knight ... and see what happens in a rush. It's not as random as a blaster ... just a tool from a more civilized age.

Using some Photoshop assistance, this came out ...

EXIF Data: SONY A100 w/ TAMRON 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
@50mm - f/10 - 4 sec. - ISO-400 - WB 5500K

So, even the imaginary can be very real. Just wanted to share something a ... little different.

I guess it beats being told the the SONY A700 represents a tremendous improvement in APS-C DSLR cameras ... without even having pulled a single shutter release on it. ;)

TheObiJuan
09-21-2007, 10:28 PM
is this a course you are taking?

The image is pretty, I like the colors.
I also like the tripod on the right. ;)

DonSchap
09-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Yes, Advanced Digital Photography ... aka ART 220

The room was fill with other students, which, of course means you had better crop ... but I was just messin' around and this turned out so interesting ... I just let it ride, so to speak.

Here it is ... with the crop ... :rolleyes:

I guess that works for me, too. Thanks :D

So then I experimented on another image ... using a flash ...

... into the fray!

It seems to work for just a experimentation shot ... we had thirty minutes to come up with something. :o

TheObiJuan
09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Now I'm gonna have to go to walmart and get a couple of differently colored children's light sabers to do this with my girlfriend.
I wanna digitally capture me whooping her ass.

LOL.:D

Your pic is creative and fun.
Worst case scenario is the image doesn't come out so well and I delete it.
Or she loses an eye....:p

DonSchap
09-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Now I'm gonna have to go to walmart and get a couple of differently colored children's light sabers to do this with my girlfriend.
I wanna digitally capture me whooping her ass.

LOL.:D

Your pic is creative and fun.
Worst case scenario is the image doesn't come out so well and I delete it.
Or she loses an eye....:p

Well, I thought you might appreciate this image, from last Fall ...
when we had a dignitary from the Jedi Council stop by and ...

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/donschap/strange%20art/yoda--juan-good-you-are.jpg

"Good you are, young Padawan."

TheObiJuan
09-22-2007, 03:38 PM
haha!
That's funny!

I remember seeing an impromptu photochop of two womens college lacrosse players crossing sticks; one stick had the blue glow, the other the red.
It was freakin' hilarious and the owner of the pic laughed for days!

DonSchap
09-23-2007, 07:49 PM
This was a "family" weekend, when the family came in from out of town and visited. I grabbed the ol' A100 for a couple of candids. My nephew's daughter turned out to be quite a character.

SONY A100 & TAMRON AF 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF)
@ 100mm - f/8 - 1/200 sec. - ISO-400 - EC= -0.3 step

fierceshoes
09-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Great photo, Don! Was this taken with a flash or available light?

DonSchap
09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Due to the very powerful sun reflecting off our white vinyl fencing, I opted to fill flash the shot with the A100's pop-up, otherwise it would have been quite a bit darker. As it was, I had to adjust it a bit, with the 'shop.

I find that most outdoor, bright sunlight shots do well with fill-flash. I mean, who wouldn't we you're getting some serious burn, with a three-thirty PM sun and beautifully clear sky.