PDA

View Full Version : DX 7590 - Low light settings

acid
12-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi to all,

i just bought my first Digital Camera (DX 7590) and im having trouble taking pictures in low light. Can any please help me with this?
what should be my settings in low light conditions?
thanks1

John_Reed
12-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi to all,

i just bought my first Digital Camera (DX 7590) and im having trouble taking pictures in low light. Can any please help me with this?
what should be my settings in low light conditions?
thanks1You weren't specific at all about your "trouble," but these problems are very common, so I'll take a stab at it and guess that your low-light shots are blurry? According to Jeff's review of your camera, the manual itself has some pretty good tips about how to set up the camera for different lighting conditions. Have you gone through that thoroughly?

But in general, here are some things you can try:

1) Choose Aperture Priority with aperture set to the minimum number (f2.7 at wideangle), so the camera will choose the fastest available shutter speed for the lighting conditions.

2) Select a higher ISO number (but be prepared for possible noisy photos), like ISO 200 or even 400. Keeping aperture priority selected, this will speed up your shutter speed still further.

3) With a long-zoom camera like yours, you should be aware that the longer the zoom, the harder it is to hand-hold the camera still enough to get a sharp shot. A rule of thumb that applies here is that you shouldn't shooting at a shutter speed slower than 1/focal length. So, for example, if your zoom is set to 300mm equivalent, you'll tend to get blurry shots with any shutter speed slower than 1/300 of a second.

4) Failing all that, the last resort is to use a tripod, a beanbag, or any kind of stable surface. Then all your shots will become crisp and clear.

I hope that helps?

acid
12-28-2004, 11:42 PM
thanks john just the answer im looking for...