PDA

View Full Version : Top league cameras

Viper
08-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi there!

I have an olympus D-490ZOOM good camera takes sharp images and handle well for the most part,but i would like know what you think are the cameras that are at the top end of the scale when it comes to shutter speed, power and accuracy. The Canon PowerShot S300 Digital Elph is one can you think of any others?,has to be able record movie clips with sound at a good amount of frames per second.

leewitt
08-02-2004, 02:02 PM
You have to put some criteria like max price, etc. before your question can be answered. If not, I suggest the Canon 1Ds or the Canon 1D MK II are good candidates. Unfortuneately, they are also a tad pricey.

Ray Schnoor
08-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Actually, none of the dSLRs will meet your requirements, because they are unable to record video. You will need to determine if you want an ultra-zoom, normal (3-4x zoom), or ultra-compact camera, though. By looking at your suggestion, though, it looks as if you are looking for an ultra-compact camera. After you make some of these decisions, I'm sure that more people will give you several suggestions.

I'm not sure where you came up with the S300 digital elph, since that camera is 3yrs old and probably not in production anymore. Maybe you were thinking of the S500.

Jake Conner
08-11-2004, 06:02 PM
My choice for a fast compact would be either Kyocera's 4MP SL400, which has a cool swivel body and the super fast RTUNE engine (which allows continuous shooting until the card is full), or Panasonic's forthcoming 5MP FX7, which offers image stabilization and the Venus Engine II, which has capabilities similar to RTUNE's.

Jake