PDA

View Full Version : avi not running smoothly

fmstrohl
08-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Could somebody tell how I can get my vedio clips to run smoothly. My computer is a 930 mhz. 512 ram. I can watch my video clips smoothly on the camera and by hooking it up right to the tv. I did the the memory card out and plug it in to my laptop which is a Turion64x2 with 2gig ram and it will not run smooth either. The audio plays fine it's just the video that lags and stops
Thanks for any help. My camera is a Canon S2IS.

griptape
08-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Convert the video or buy a powerful video card. The S2 uses a very low compression .avi format, and it takes a lot of processing power to read the uncompressed video. If you convert it to mpeg it should make things run a lot smoother.

Turo
08-20-2007, 08:09 AM
The S2's video is a low compression avi, but a Turion64x2 cpu with 2GB of ram should have no problem running that video smoothly. I used to have an S2IS and I used to watch the max-resolution video clips (640x480, 30fps I think it was?) on a computer with much lower specs than your laptop and they ran perfectly smooth. Does the rest of the computer run slow also, or is it just your videos? Also, are you watching the videos after downloading the video file to the harddrive, or are you trying to watch them on your computer by reading them directly from the memory card?

triin mack
11-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Its your system's vga and its driver fault. Increase your vga card to 256mb minimum and install its latest drivers. and one more thing in which player you see your clips ? may be this is the media player issue.