PDA

View Full Version : CANON A 630 - PROBLMES with a new camera

Arrielle1977
08-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello everyone
I've bought some months ago, a new CANON A 630 and I was very content about it. One week ago it start having problems:

when I turn it ON

-the green light starts blinking constantly ( instead of staying green)

-the display is blak : as if I push the DISP button to be black ( when I push the DISP button , the dispaly start showin the image)

-the battery sign is red ( as if the batteries are empty - even though they are new)

I did not drop the camera, or injuring it in any way.
Can you tell me please, if some of you encountered this problem?

I bought the camera from US but I am in Romania now, so I can not take it back.
Thank you for your help

David Metsky
08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
What kind of batteries are you using? Can you try a new set of lithium or fresh NiMH rechargeable batteries?

griptape
08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
If your camera thinks the batteries are low it will leave the LCD off until you turn it on (to save what little power it thinks it has left). Same questions as above, what batteries are you using?

Arrielle1977
08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I have some cheap batteries- Sunlight. But the 4 of them were new when i put them inside and in started to habe these problems
Thank you .
I will but tomorrow some Duracell to see what happen.

griptape
08-12-2007, 02:47 PM
You can expect alkaline batteries to last for about 30-40 pictures. You really need to pick up some Lithium or Nimh.

tim11
08-12-2007, 05:33 PM
It's the batteries alright. For digital cameras, the batteries have to be Energizer, Duracell or some equivalent; nothing less. I recommend you buy a charger and NiMH, it's cheaper and more environmental friendly in the long run.

Arrielle1977
08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Thank you all for your help
I bought 4 DURACELL batteries, rechargeable, those one NhMI..and a charger.
The camera is very good.

Thank you again for your time