PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 Advice

JB9903
08-01-2007, 07:01 AM
I was recently able to purchase an unregistered copy of Photoshop CS2 for a decent price from eBay. However, I am not very familiar with a full-blown version of Photoshop. I have used academic versions in the past. I’ve searched the Internet looking for classes, books, tutorials, etc., but classes are generally very expensive, the online tutorials I’ve found don’t get very good reviews and there’s too many books to determine how helpful they may be for a novice user. One book that appeared to be very informative is Adobe’s Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book - http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-CS2-Classroom-Book/dp/0321321847. I really want to be able to use the majority of Photoshop’s functions as opposed to only 10% of them. Has anyone ever read Adobe’s Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book and/or used the tutorial CD? Anyone have suggestions for another “solution” to my “problem?” I want to thank you in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

JLV
08-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I found the following book very helpful. It is structured like a course.

How to Do Everything With Photoshop CS, by Colin Smith, published by McGraw Hill, Osborne.

The Cs2 and Cs3 edition are probably available.

By the way, it does show everything.

D Thompson
08-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Scott Kelby "Photoshop CS2 for Digital Photographers".
Also look for ones by Jack Davis & Ben Wilmore. Barry Haynes & Wendy Crumpler are also author's to look for.

After you learn the basics and are fairly comfortable then there is none better than Katrin Eismann "Photoshop : Restoration & Retouching" or at least imo. This is not a beginner book tho.