PDA

View Full Version : canon eos d60 VS minolta dimage a2

brentw505
12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
im new to cameras and i wanted to get one. ive looked around on the internet, and the two cameras i came to for my price range were the canon eos d60 or the minolta a2. i know the d60 is 2 years old, and minolta is brand new and is 8mp vs 6mp. but as far as the camera, quality, and features how do they compair? or anyone have a different camera better for that price range? 5-900$

anyone got any comparisons/opinions?

D70FAN
12-24-2004, 04:23 PM
im new to cameras and i wanted to get one. ive looked around on the internet, and the two cameras i came to for my price range were the canon eos d60 or the minolta a2. i know the d60 is 2 years old, and minolta is brand new and is 8mp vs 6mp. but as far as the camera, quality, and features how do they compair? or anyone have a different camera better for that price range? 5-900$

anyone got any comparisons/opinions?

If you want to get your feet wet using a dSLR, and the price is right then the D60 would probably be the better choice. Read the reviews on both cameras, and decide. Or better yet go to a camera store and play with both. That will definately hasten your decision.

TenD
12-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I would look at the D60. You can begin to build a lens collection that will take you to your next body when you feel the need to upgrade. An SLR will provide a good learning tool that will teach the basics of Aperture and Shutter speed. The biggest knock on the D60 is poor autofocus performance, the minolta will have some autofocus lag too. The 6 vs 8 mp difference isn't enough of a difference to worry a lot about.