PDA

View Full Version : Does your A80 make this noise?

gerry s
07-31-2004, 07:05 AM
I just bought an A80, and whenever I use the zoom, there is a noise following the sound of the lens moving.

This is hard to explain, but I hit the lever, the lens moves (and makes that normal sound), but then is followed by a faint chirping sound. It almost sounds like an old line printer or receipt printer. It's faint, sometimes it happens and sometimes not.

Here is a recording of the noise, since I am having trouble explaining it. Click on the link at the top of the page:
A80 Noise (http://home.alltel.net/gerrys/)

I 'm just beginning in photography, so please excuse me if I don't get the terminology quite right! And thanks for everyone's help and opinion of whether or not this is normal or I should consider a return.

-Gerry

Jake Conner
07-31-2004, 12:50 PM
What you're describing sounds like the camera focussing after zooming. Probably normal, and as long as the camera is working properly in every other way I wouldn't worry about it.

Jake

gerry s
07-31-2004, 04:16 PM
Thanks Jake. I cross posted this on another forum and the concensus was that this is a normal sound, just as you described in your response.