PDA

View Full Version : Handling the E-410

jmaynard
07-09-2007, 06:14 AM
About the E-410 review:

One suggestion: Instead of holding it like a typical digital SLR, with the right hand gripping it firmly for most of the support, try holding it like a traditional 35mm SLR. Rest the lens and body on your left hand. Curl your fingers around the lens barrel. Use your right hand only for stabilization and operating the controls. The E-410 handles quite well this way, unlike every other DSLR I've handled. This is why I bought the E-410.

Olympus had an ergonomic masterpiece on their hands when they did the OM-1. They've finally duplicated it.

acs
07-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Couldn't agree more with jmaynard. I use an E-400 (same body). You can have much more subtle control using left hand plus fingertips of right hand than you can by grasping a conventional dslr like a boxing glove.
Plus its lighter (handy on business trips or hiking), smaller (less obtrusive and 'in your face', you can take the lens off, cap the camera and lens and drop them in your jacket pocket). Personally, a bit more weight might make slow shutter speeds easier. But I still think its a great camera.
(OM's were great, still use my OM2n weekly. But try an old Pentax ME for comfort...)